Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

Used CR-V for Sale
Select your model:
12345...38

Pros
Cons

An exceptional vehicle for outstanding value

So Cal Driver, 06/22/2020
EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the car for you if you want a highly functional and reliable car for a fantastic price. I bought this car in 2012 with 19,000 miles and as of today am approaching 100k miles. Issues with the car? Ah, let me think....right - none, zero, nada, zilch. Simply put, the CR-V has exceeded my expectations in every possible way. It still looks good in terms of styling and aside from standard oil changes and maintenance has been a remarkably reliable vehicle. I’ve owned a lot of models over the years (BMW, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru) and with the exception of my 4-Runner, no other manufacturer could put a candle to Honda in terms of user-friendliness. I thought about trading it in for a newer model over the years and then asked myself why? If you’re in the market for a used vehicle, are on a budget and want a no-hassle option that won’t break the bank, do yourself a favor and give this car serious consideration.

At 9000 miles

ChuckfromLI, 11/13/2010

Gas mileage has improved tremendously since the engine is broken in. Currently getting over 22 MPG in crowded suburban driving, up from 18 or so. Still very, very happy with the car. No problems, comfortable in the front and rear.

Hard Ride

ken117, 02/22/2011

Had a 2009 CRV EX-L 4WD. Overall it was a nice vehicle. However, there are a few things which make the vehicle difficult for longer trips. First is the road noise. By far the worst I have ever had in a vehicle. Second is the lack of power. The engine is just too timid to function will at highway speeds. Third is the excessive hard interior plastics. I also felt the leather was too much like vinyl. I found the vehicle wonderful for use around town but for any long trips the ride was far too uncomfortable.

Nice little Honda

Honda owner, 09/30/2010

Traded in 07 RAV-4 base model, wife has 07 CRV-EX; I think RAV had more passenger cabin space. MPG is good- we use BP 5% cash back card, I get 27-29 in summer, 24-26 in winter at 25-35 mph back roads/city and 55-65 mph divided highway to/from/for work. Concur re other interior comments- stains easily. Good in snow, easy to park, hauls stuff for picnics/parks, but a little crowded. With 2 car seats in back there's not enough room for adult in middle for comfort. Mine was made in USA, hers in Japan- mine showed rust on rear wheel hub(?) and hatch lift rods from purchase, not hers. Mine has squeak in steering/front shock. Continental 4x4 OEM tires bad-37K; new Cooper CS4's on hers ok at 12k.

Buzzing when car starts

larry, 11/11/2010

Bought my cr-v new in 08 problem free till about a week ago, when starting , the relay switch buzzes.. Honda says its a "quirk", which to me says "problem" called the main office in CA was told to take it the dealership were my car can be checked out, but dought anything will be done about the buzzing.

12345...38