Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

Used CR-V for Sale
Select your model:
12345...38

Pros
Cons

At 15,000+ miles

chuckfromli, 09/03/2011

Just had it in to Honda for a recall regarding a transmission upgrade. Also had my third oil change and tire rotation at this time. No problems with the vehicle at all. Gas mileage varies a lot though. It can get 26-27 MPG on highway if the road is level. That will drop to 22-24 if there are hills. Around the crowded suburbs I average about 21 MPG. The leather seats are cheap, no doubt. It seems only the drivers seat is actually leather. And there is a lot of wind noise if you open just one of the front windows on the highway. You need to crack open one of the rear windows too. But this is true in many cars and vans these days it seems.

Best all-around used Vehicle

Sam S, 03/09/2018
EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This review will be aimed for those looking at this car as a used option. Owned this car since new, I can speak from experience what you should know about this car. Owned this Honda CRV since July of 2009. Has been the best all around car and value for the money. Averaging about 26 mpg of mixed highway and city driving. Anyone can drive this car, getting in and out and finding a comfortable seating position is a breeze. Easy to drive, large windows. The controls are easy to reach and where you expect them to be. Many places to store phone, items, etc. I have the optional sunroof which is a nice option. AWD is also nice, been driven through snowstorms and will get you where you need to go. Just hit 150,000 miles and runs smooth as the day I bought it. The only problem I had was the AC Compressor go out but was covered by the warranty. As well as my specific model being affected by the airbag recall. FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY. ANY HONDA DEALER WILL REPLACE FOR FREE. Regardless I’ve kept up with the proper maintenance from Honda and have always had my vehicle serviced at the dealership. This car is just as solidly built, efficient, and reliable as any civic or accord, but I think it’s better overall because of the extra space for passengers or storage and all wheel drive feature. Overall, no surprise it remains a popular option in the used car market and would highly recommend this car to anyone. Yeah

Tires and oil use

david1237, 11/15/2011

I have 54,000 mi on a 2009 CRV we bought new. I am happy overall with the vehicle. Get 24 mph running around and have gotten as high as 30-31 mph long trip; babying it! I seem to use a quart of oil Mobil synthetic every 2000 mi or so! The dealer says anything over a quart every 1000 mi is within normal limits. The Tires that came on the vehicle are "crap". I changed them at 28,000 mi and they were nearly bald. Could have been changed several thousand miles earlier. I generally keep the vehicles for 200,000 miles. I change the oil at 15% averaging every 10,000 miles or so! A little scary, but this is OK with the dealer. I do feel better using synthetic and have used since the first oil change

Checking in at 20K

chuckfromli, 04/02/2012

Just passed 20K recently. Went on KBB a few minutes ago to see what the car is worth. Private party value for very good condition is 21K. That means I only lost about $5500 in almost three years and 20,000 miles, and I didn't even enter my mileage. Their default was like 40K miles! Car is overall very, very good. Love the heated seats and the sound system. I have not had any problems at all. Washed it by hand today and I was surprised to see the tires getting close to wear bars. I would guess there's another 7 or 8K left on them. In fact, I like it so much we may buy a 2012 for my wife.

Great in snow (and all year round)

darwinzfolly, 12/31/2010

Tested the CRV's mettle in a recent MN snowstorm (where we got 20 inches of snow). On the way home from work, the car plowed through the snow as if it wasn't there. I was impressed & felt very safe. It's great for shopping,hauling people and pets, and gets decent mileage.

12345...38