Used 2004 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 946 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

No worries with this car!
By Deb

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most reliable car I’ve ever owned. I love the fact that during 14 Years of ownership, the car always starts on the coldest mornings. There have been no expensive repairs and maintenance costs are low.

I would buy it again
By DeVar Klingonsmith

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It is a great car. It is smooth, quite, quick, with good handling. We have driven ours from coast to coast 5 or 6 times. Extremly reliable with 162,00miles we have had no repairs other than 2 O rings on the power steering pump, which I replaced at a total cost of under $3.00. I had oil changes done every 3,000 miles and transmission serves every 35,000 miles. This car does not use oil and drives like when I bought it.

Love, love, love my Accord!
By Michelle

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 04 Accord with 180k miles on it. I drive 60 miles per day round trip and used to average 30mpg, but currently average 26mpg. I'm assuming that is due to age and the fact that some filters need to be replaced. The only work I've had done is replacing the corroded battery cables due to the salt the DOT puts on the road in the winter months, and replace the relay switch. The car has been in 2 accidents, both of which I was not harmed at all. I was able to get the car fixed and it still runs like new. As long as you take care of these cars, they will last 250k miles plus.

04 honda accord ex review
By Joe Piedimonte

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Water pump and timing belt replacement every 105,000 miles.

Great car overall
By Leo

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Owning this car knowing a lot of things about Honda, I was very satisfied. The car handles incredible rain or shine. The K24a4 more could be better but I was unlucky enough to not find a v6 more that was in my price range. Even though it is a 4L the engine sounds amazing after getting a custom made exhaust. Along with that the inside of the car is great but the one issue I have is that the dashboard looks so cheap unlike the Japanese version that's in Japan. Along with that you don't get Bluetooth which sucks. Plus there's this common issue with the stock radio, I would get a after market radio which is pretty cheap and easy to install, it's a typical DIY duty. If you're looking to buy this kind of car with a manual transmission I would install a short throw shifter because Honda's typically have a long throw when you're going to another gear. The short throw shifter makes everything so smooth and easy. Plus a side note to this is that a lot of Acura TSX or TL parts are interchangeable for the 03-07 Honda Accord.