Used 2004 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 948 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Accord Reliability
By Ed Garcia

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Make sure to keep up with fluids(i.e.-oil, Honda A/T fluid/drain refill every 15k miles, run full synthetic, whether Honda or Pennzoil, Red Line, or my favorite Amsoil. Use hi-performance synthetic filter media oil filters(NAPA Platinum), or comparable; change coolant every 50-60,000miles, etc) That is why I’ve achieved 309,900 miles!

A solid buy
By Happy Driver

2004 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for over a decade and the only unscheduled maintenance I have encountered was the front right tire bearing going bad. Other than that, I have generally followed the maintenance cycle and had zero issues. Front hood paint has deteriorated, which seems to be an issue on many Hondas this year and earlier. For those in the North country I have driven the vehicle through multiple years of heavy snow in upstate NY - with Blizzak tires and reasonable driving, I have had no issues staying on the road. Bottom line, a very reliable vehicle with only minor issues. I plan on driving this until the wheels fall off . . . which could be awhile!

No worries with this car!
By Deb

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most reliable car I’ve ever owned. I love the fact that during 14 Years of ownership, the car always starts on the coldest mornings. There have been no expensive repairs and maintenance costs are low.

I would buy it again
By DeVar Klingonsmith

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It is a great car. It is smooth, quite, quick, with good handling. We have driven ours from coast to coast 5 or 6 times. Extremly reliable with 162,00miles we have had no repairs other than 2 O rings on the power steering pump, which I replaced at a total cost of under $3.00. I had oil changes done every 3,000 miles and transmission serves every 35,000 miles. This car does not use oil and drives like when I bought it.

Love, love, love my Accord!
By Michelle

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 04 Accord with 180k miles on it. I drive 60 miles per day round trip and used to average 30mpg, but currently average 26mpg. I'm assuming that is due to age and the fact that some filters need to be replaced. The only work I've had done is replacing the corroded battery cables due to the salt the DOT puts on the road in the winter months, and replace the relay switch. The car has been in 2 accidents, both of which I was not harmed at all. I was able to get the car fixed and it still runs like new. As long as you take care of these cars, they will last 250k miles plus.