Used 1999 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sweet ride
By Anthony

1999 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

It's a great car, has great pick up an handling. Was purchased for my daughter about yr an half ago for transportation to school an getting around. Now she's going to college in anot her state soon. Truly a great car

Not a Politician, But I Reached a New Accord!
By Randy M

1999 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I took delivery of my Black Currant beauty in the Spring of 1999. It didn't take long to fall in love. The double wishbone suspension, coupled with a high-revving in-line four (which felt like it was hand-built by Swiss watchmakers), light weight and a responsive steering linkage made this car a ball to drive. The fact that it was reliable, durable, possessed an excellent degree of utility and didn't require a fortune to operate and maintain were just bonuses. Faced with its inevitable demise all these years later, it feels like losing a friend. True, the low-end torque was a bit tepid and a parasitic amp draw was never properly diagnosed, but I am distraught at having to say goodbye. Its style, the brilliantly laid-out dash and the aforementioned high-revving four and excellent suspension turned long drives into sprints. I'm 6'3" and could sit straight-up in the back seat. Such was the thoughtful engineering and design invested into this car by Honda. In its own quiet and sublime way, I feel it was one of the best cars ever built.

Replacement Vehicle
By Debbi

1999 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

Haven't owned the car all that long but needed a replacement after an accident. The price was right and the maintenance was well recorded. I was impressed with the condition and how well it ran. I was concerned with the mileage but everyone and my research told me I would be fine. So far I'm very happy. I find it to be reliable, it's gone on road trips and gets great gas mileage. The tranny slips when cold but was also told that's a Honda thing, so u will be keeping an eye on it. For the year it was pretty fancy with extras back in its day. I am happy to be driving it around and feel really good about my purchase.

Ole reliable
By Sean

1999 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

My parents bought me my old accord coupe when I got my license. At the time she had 170 thousand miles on her and ,As it says in the title she's reliable. I was never left stranded while I owned the car. just keep the oil changed and she got me where ever I wanted to go. The interior was comfortable and easy to see out of. My Honda had the v6 engine In it and it was an amazing engine. It had the best pick up go. But one draw back which was a big one, it was very rough shifting from first to second gear. But other than that it ran smoothly. I had the vehicle for three years. I drove her in rain and shine. And she did great in Both conditions. Also I drove her through a few light snows and she had great traction for an old fwd car. Besides oil changes, repairs were very minimal. I had to replace a window motor and the motor mounts. July 2015 was the end on my three years with black Betty. That when she was passed to my brother, with 212000 on her at the time. thats when I got my 2010 Ford Explorer. I love my new car but at times I miss the sporty little Honda.

Wish They Still Made Them Like This!
By momofboys3

1999 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

In the summer of 2013, we purchased our '99 Honda Accord V6 Coupe for our teenage sons primarily to drive.
I drive it every chance I get.
The fit and finish of this car is superb:
Sunroof, leather upholstery, nice radio, leather wrapped steering wheel, upholstered door panels, very roomy backseat.
The condition of the interior and exterior is unbelievable....almost like new.
The car has 82,000 miles on it and drives like a sports car to a Mom used to driving minivans and stodgy sedans.
We plan to replace the timing belt soon and keep up on the maintenance.
Really hope to get another 82,000 miles on this, maybe more......

Sunroof, detailed stitching on leather upholstery Color of the car, it looks black but in the bright sun has a metallic maroon sparkle to it Shape and style of the exterior.....very sporty

I wouldn't change a thing