Used 1995 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best car I have ever owned
By Jacob Sinsel

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

I purchased this car with 275000 miles and it has never let me down. I had one with an automatic transmission, at the time of purchase I was worried about an old Honda automatic but it shifted just fine. Power is pretty good for a 4 cyl non vtec with a slush box. I loved the interior of this car. basic but well thought out, the rear seats fold completely flat if you need to haul a larger item or sleep after a night of drinking. My wife loved the cargo cover so people couldn’t see what you have in the back. I just sold the car at 311000 miles and I know I will miss it. One thing about these cars is they tend to go through after market distributors I replaced it two times in the years I had it but other than that it was a solid little car.

SUPER reliable car for being 22 years old !!
By Gene T.

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased the 1995 Honda Accord 26 months ago with 104k for 3,330.00 and I wasn't sure if I paid too much. I did a lot of research and most of accords at that time were going for 2500.00 and they had 180k - 300k miles on them. So I bought this car and over 2 years later I only had to replace one break bulb (3.00) and a muffler that my friend helped me repair ($77.00). Overall the car is extremely well-built for its age. Its one of the cleanest cars I've owned. The car came with new tires, battery, water pump, spark plugs and caps, new wipers and timing belt. The cars transmission still shifts smoothly and I have been getting 28 - 32 MPG. I would recommend one that has had some of the repairs done and appears to be in good condition. I hope my 95' Honda Accord can last a few more years since its my son's first car. thank you, Gene

1995 Honda Accord EX Wagon (1-owner 93,000 miles)
By Jeff H.

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I just purchased this 1-Owner vehicle in Scottsdale, AZ with 92,800 miles on it. I then used a car carrier to take vehicle down to Tucson, AZ. I then had a complete inspection of the vehicle done here locally to see what it required maintenance wise. Thank God the Timing Belt/Water Pump was just recently replaced and cleared inspection. The EX model is high-end model and has an additional $3,400 options on it compared to the LX model wagon. VTEC engine, sliding sunroof, cast aluminum wheels, 4-wheel disc brakes (ABS), etc. Results of inspection showed (PARTS ONLY): 2 of 4 Engine Motor Mounts needed replacing (so I'm doing all 4 $548.23), Oil Pan Gasket (so i'm doing Oil Pan Gasket $24.15 w/new Oil Pan $66.01), power steering leak from Rack & Pinion and Bellows Boots ripped (so I'm doing the Rack & Pinion $302.42 & 2 Bellows Boots $16.92 and since there, but not required, the Power Steering Pump $217.46). I'm also including the following, but not required, (2 Bellows Bands $8.74, 4 Steering Gear Box Mounting Bushings $17.04, 1 Gear Box Cushion Bushing $8.08 & a Power Steering Seal Kit A $65.97). That's for Piece of Mind. $200.00 will be returned for COREs of Rack & Pinion and Gear Box. Total Parts: $1,075.02. The ABS light is intermittent on the dash cluster meaning that when the light is on, ABS is not functioning, but still have 4-wheel regular brakes. I can't believe this isn't a NSTA Safety Recall item? Anyway that's down the road.. The price for ABS Modulator Assembly ($791.53) not sure if the Accumulator is included or not? but that's ($255.73) for that. $150.00 will be returned for Core of Modulator. I heard this is a common problem for early Accord's. I researched SEVERAL PLACES (Businesses/Internet) for original OEM HONDA only parts not O'Reilly/AutoZone/Checkers or China crap makers just HONDA. The cheapest site I found was HONDAPARTSNETWORK.COM $30.00 fills up the 17-gallon tank @ 1.99/gallon. 150 miles on a quarter tank. This is why I bought a 2nd vehicle for (Gas Savings) compared to my 2004 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71 w/116,000 miles purchased new. Gonna give that to my son in 10 years from now & can park in garage. Honda looks brand new with original paint and very clean interior (9 out of 10). I just detailed it myself this weekend w/Meguiar's Car Care Products. Bought this baby back to 1995 with a showroom shine and detailed interior as well. AZ car that was garage kept it's entire life. What can I say I LOVE MY HONDA! Definitely recommend an older Honda. This vehicle is 22-yrs old now and after this maintenance I'm good to go for years to come.

Best car I've ever owned
By Misha Jovanovic

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I've owned about 35-40 cars (to be modest) and this is by far the best one I've ever had. 1995 Accord EX 5 Speed Manual. Cost to maintain is next to nothing yet it has just about all amenities you would get from a Base model today (power windows, locks, cruise control, A/C, tachometer, intermittent wipers, alloy wheels, etc.) I average about 30-32 mpg. The comfort is incredible, the easy of driving is amazing. Effortless shifting (stick), turning, breaking. Zero rust (spent most of its life in Texas, now Illinois). People can't believe it's a 1995 and when I tell/show them that is has 249 THOUSAND miles; their mouths drop. It looks and drives like a 50K car. It doesn't leak anything, nothing makes noise, no ticking, knocking, nothing. Knock on wood, I plan to go to 350K and pretty much drive her until she doesn't want to go anymore which I have a feeling won't be anytime soon. 06/28/2018: Edmunds asked if I wanted to update the review since it's been close to 3 years since the original review. All I can add is: STILL the best car I've ever owned. This is a unicorn. They don't make them like this anymore.

The Best of The Honda
By rrobles101

1995 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

The 1995 Honda Accord EX Sedan is the best car to have if you are a first time car owner. I actually own this and I am in love with this car mainly because it is excellent I gas, especially if you are a city driver with a billion things to do. My Honda Accord has great mileage. It has 190, 000 miles on it, and it is a great amount of miles for an almost 20 year car. It is an automatic vehicle with an engine of 4 cylinder, VTEC, 2.2 Liters . It holds about 11 gallons of unleaded gas so you don’t have to pay more for the other types of gas, because its engine is perfectly fine with the unleaded. Also, my car came in a red color. It has 4 doors with automatic windows. It comes in handy while dr