Used 2016 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Worst expensive vehicle I’ve owned
By Bryan Hix

2016 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first GMC product. I have owned a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee which I put 240k on with relatively no issues. I had a 2001 Expedition with zero issues, and traded it for a 2005 Expedition with no issues except the rear A/C at 140k that cost me $800. Otherwise perfect. This 2016 Yukon SLT has been to the dealership now 6 times in 2 years for brake issues twice, screen on center dash went out, A/C broke and the tail lights got so much moisture in them it wouldn’t clear without exchanging them, but yet the dealership said it was totally normal. What? A few other things: The accelerator really bugs me. It is difficult to push down which gives the impression the car is bogging down. The auto back seat fold option doesn’t fold the seats all the way flat. And the worst, it’s a huge pain to try and get a loner car at GMC. My Acura MDX was super easy to service, always had a loaner available at no charge and cleaned my car every time. By the way, that car was $20k less than a Yukon! I despise this car and GMC sucks as a dealership, but my wife wants to keep it. If it were up to me, this thing would be gone tomorrow. Problem is, not much choice for full sized SUVs. I see myself buying another Ford in the next couple of years.

THe People mover
By geoff Masterson

2016 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

I had only a few minor repairs car runs smooth and for a car its size it surprisingly fast with great acceleration. Did not drink excessive gas due to cylinder deactivation system. The car sucks up whatever you want to put init.

Still Meh
By Jeff

2016 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

As stated in an earlier review, the vehicle styling is fantastic as is the acceleration. Other than that, probably should have chosen another vehicle. Have had multiple water leaks, first from shark fin on top, then was told a seal on the sunroof was faulty. Water came onto headliner, down thru the A-pillar, thru the back of the dash then onto the floor. Also experienced electronic problems with the touchscreen freezing up, which disabled any user interface for navigation, rear camera, etc. Dealer stated it was unrelated to the water leaks and just needed re-programmed, but I'm not buying it. Will probably look to trade for a Ford Expedition or Infiniti.

Unacceptable Ride!
By John

2016 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

Vehicle is great except the ride is really rough and uncomfortable. Transmission shifts rough as well. I have 35,000 miles on the vehicle and the ride continues to deteriorate to the point I am going to have to trade it soon.

Recommendations
By LaRuth Jordan

2016 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love my 2016 Yukon GMC XL so much and I have only driven the Yukon XL for the last 15 years and I drove the Suburban 7 years before that. I get a new GMC Yukon XL every year or two max. I wouldn't change anything on my Yukon except the USB Port; they need to stay hot when the car is turned off to allow your cellphone or other smart items to charge while out of the car. I would like to see them add the cup size adjuster to the Yukon and also allow the car to show the speed limit on the screen so that you know how fast or slow you should be driving when you enter a street, road or the highway. Maybe even be able to set restrictions that vibrates or dings when you go over the restricted amount. For example: I would want to know when I'm driving 5 miles or more over that speed limit.