Used 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

2015 GMC Sierra review
By Andrew

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

If your looking for a good daily driver pickup this one is fairly comfortable to ride in and handles good in different conditions. The fuel economy isn’t too bad. The manufacturer says 17-22 but I think they are on the high side. I saw around 16 mpg with mine, maybe 18 or 19 highway. I wouldn’t recommend it if your looking to tow anything heavy or plow . The 6 speed tranny isn’t made for it in my opinion. Maybe the 8 speed and 6.2 liter engine would be better suited for that.

A good truck
By don

Good truck Buy GM

Do not buy
By Jose Ginebra

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Tons of problems in 3 years

Great truck but....
By Nelson

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck but front differential kept making loud noises since new..the 5.3 engine needs a lil more power besides that truck it’s great

Great Riding Truck for the Money
By Jersey Traveler

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

"To be honest my Tacoma was a great truck with no issues, and while I miss it, I do not regret my decision. I retired and bought a travel trailer that needed a truck that could pull it without grunting uphill. The Sierra doesn't even know it is towing it, it came with the trailer package, built in brake controller, and the Z71 package. Without the trailer the best mileage I have gotten is almost 22 mpg, I never got over 18 with the Tacoma. The IntelliLink system is terrific. I have upgraded the headlight bulbs to LED, making a huge improvement over the stock bulbs. At a cost of about $400, I installed the Roadmaster Active suspension kit, (about 20 minutes per side) which makes a big difference in handling, especially with the towing. I eliminated the OnStar and changed over to a factory Navigation System. No need to pay $40 a month for directions, which I don't need everyday. I also purchased a rear under seat storage box. GMC should have it as a standard item. The 5.3L engine has a light ticking sound, but I understand that is characteristic to all of them and may have something to do with the cylinder deactivation, and it doesn't bother me. The Sierra is comfortable, quiet and so to date has been dependable. At my age I don't see any more new vehicles in my future, I intend to keep this truck until I cant drive any longer. I may just put in another engine if it comes to that. I cant say anything bad about it. Hopefully it will continue to perform well for a long time to come. I have changed the trans fluid, antifreeze, hydraulics . . . fluid changes are crucial to the longevity of any vehicle and for what prices are these days for new trucks, my used Sierra is worth every cent to keep it road worthy. Compared to a Chevy Silverado I once owned, the GMC Sierra is like changing from a suit into a tuxedo. Lots of comments on the looks, smooth ride and fun to drive. After the last big snowstorm the 4x4 traction is unbelievable. It is a keeper for sure.