Skip to main content
List Price Range

Used Savana Cargo for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2019 Savana Cargo, so we've included reviews for other years of the Savana Cargo since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
    3.38 out of 5 stars

Not Good!

K Cook, 12/06/2008
    2006 GMC Savana Cargo 2500 3dr Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Definitely not for commercial use! This is our second 06 Savana (first one totaled) and it has left me stranded. Replaced the altenator at less than 8,000. Replaced the water pump on the first one at less than 10,000. I've replaced: transmission, water pump, seat belt, oil sending unit, and several front-end parts. I've replaced more headlights and brake lights than all of the vehicles I've ever owned combined(I've been driving for 20 years). It even had the wrong spare(5 lugs instead of 8)! Bottom line, this vehicle is just not reliable enough to be considered a "commercial" vehicle.

3.5 out of 5 stars

Not Professional Grade

fred anderson, 06/02/2006
    2006 GMC Savana Cargo 3500 3dr Ext Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Drives and rides like a comfortable car without any weight. You load it up with 2500 lbs and it's a different animal. Handling is unpredictable. Suspension and shocks are unstable with again only 2500#s on a 3500 series cat. van After a couple of weeks I am very dissappointed and having serious buyers remorse. I should have driven this vehicle under normal work conditions (light deliveries). If I had a choice again I would gone with a Ford like my previous van that got 160,000 miles in three years without any problems until it was involved in an accident.

2.88 out of 5 stars

5.7 engine fails after warranty

David Shirk, 12/29/2002
    2000 GMC Savana Cargo G3500 3dr Ext Van

With an oil change documented every 3- 5 thousand miles, my trusty GMC Savanna extended 1-ton cargo van came to a grinding halt at 60,600 miles (less than 2 years old). I had the old 5.7 engine replaced with a new one by a GMC dealer. Out of pocket was a total of $6,400. GMC said it was not their problem. I am stuck. I am now persuing samll claims court. How long should an engine last? I usually can have upwards of 200,000 miles without incident. After owning 14 GM vehicles, I found the loyalty stops with me.

5 out of 5 stars

03 AWD Savana Cargo "Doors Galore"

savanaman, 03/02/2011
    2003 GMC Savana Cargo 1500 AWD 3dr Van (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my van ! I have had vans all my life but the modern AWD , rack and pinion , all wheel disc , full size Savana drives like a Cadillac and I get 17 mpg consistently when its not brutally cold . I live in Minnesota . I had reservations about the drivers side double doors as I had never had that option before , I soon realized that when you jump out of your truck but need to reenter to grab something you are hauling around you can't beat drivers side double doors for access ! I drove over 100,000 miles before my Brakes needed pads and have had except for some minor door switch partial failures "No Problems" with my truck ! Did I say "I Love This Truck" ?

5 out of 5 stars

GMC Savana Cargo

bob998, 03/01/2004
    2004 GMC Savana Cargo 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just a great van -- no noises, 2500 lb payload, 20 MPG on the hwy, four wheel disk ABS brakes stop great. Rack and pinion steering handles like a car.

12345...6