Used 2015 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Average on a lot of things
By Joe

2015 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First I have owned a couple of Yukons I am used to and like full size truck based SUV's. The Acadia (in MY opinion is a good compromising crossover) will hold a lot including a 4' wide piece of plywood flat on the floor, where the 2015 Buick Enclave would not. We bought the Acadia Denali because it would carry a lot and was easier for my wife to get into and out of than the full size SUV's. All in all it did a lot of things well, which is very good, but it did not excel in anything. It was not as comfortable, quiet or did get the highway mileage a full size Yukon gets. My daughter has a 15 Yukon Denali and gets 2 mpg better with a 6.2L engine on the highway, but my Acadia will get nearly 1 mpg better in stop and go driving. The little V6 really works hard at interstate speeds and mileage drops significantly above 75mph. The seats need more adjustment, like the full sized SUV's, more sound deadening too, but my biggest disappointment was mileage and sluggish acceleration to merge onto interstates or from 45mph up. Transmission would shift, engine would rev, and finally it would go. I learned to manually shift to avoid these delays. I traded for a new Escalade and consistently get 20.5+ in stop and go traffic but admit I have to be gentle to do that. The Acadia was good to me, but there is room for improvement on several fronts.

3 years 113,184 miles in
By Maria Z

2015 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It started falling apart from the plastics decorations inside from the start. The support at the dealer was not as I expected owning a prior Nissan were I got treated real good is not easy. My problem started at 90,000 miles the veihcle jumps when shifting into reverse. I told 3 different GMC dealerships the problem. I was told to do a transmission oil change, which I did to no avail. Later I was told by my insurance adjuster the 2015 has a power train warranty that protects it. Well that would have been nice if one of the three dealers would have seen into the issue before the 100,000. At that point I was passed it by 5 miles. First and last time I buy GMC my Nissan Maxima hit 289,000 miles in 12 years 8 months and did not give me as many problems.

Best driving SUV ever
By Pete

2015 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Enjoyed driving this vehicle, best ride. No hesitation on shifting to more power, very smooth. I would have been an Acadia driver for life, except GMC took 2.5 inches out of the driver's seat for fuel economy. They saved 1 mile, good fjob GMC. The Nav and Bluetooth were problematic. Nav didn't understand my words. Bluetooth kept unpairing. The dash design is nice, but cheap material covering it. Leather seats won't wear well. The outside paint is good, not like Dodge, scratches at a mire touch. Fuel economy diminished after a few years.

Solid vehicle
By Kevin Meredith

2015 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

A pleasure to drive

Love my Acadia - minus a few quirks
By Meghan

2015 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I leased my 2015 Acadia Denali 3 years ago and I have lots to praise about this vehicle. Superbly enjoyable ride, great power and comfort on the road. Comfortable seats and roomy cabin. I don't know what vehicle the user that complained about the headrests is driving, perhaps they haven't figured out how to adjust them back? Or they have a newer model? Non issue for me. This car really lacks almost nothing, kids love the dvd system. Bose sound quality is very enjoyable, second only to an aftermarket system. I have hauled more stuff around in this car and have always had plenty of room to do it - even with two car seats in the middle-row captains chairs. Downsides, not as great on gas as I'd hoped - I average 18 mpg with lots of mixed city/freeway driving, bumper to bumper traffic and I drive a LOT. Navigation is quirky, voice activation far too slow to use - I'm impatient so I use google maps instead. Headphones that came with the car for the rear dvd system have never worked properly - despite changing batteries and fiddling with them constantly. This is super minor and I don't know if this is an iPhone thing, but every time I plug my phone into the USB - the music starts playing always on the same song. Alphabetically. DRIVES ME NUTS. So I use the ac/plug-in w/bluetooth for music instead. The reviewer who mentioned that the front collision warning is overly sensitive is correct - it often beeps from overpass shadows. Minor complaint for me, once I got over the heart palpitations it can cause. Very clear backup camera, love the alerts although it's made me a lazy driver lol. Love the heads up display and blindspot monitors. I've found the controls for audio, settings and all else (except Navi) very easy to use. Have had virtually no maintenance issues - minus a recent scare with the AC unit turning up low on freon this beginning of this summer, mechanic says if it happens again I may have to repair it to the tune of $800-900. Yikes. I really haven't owned it long enough to comment on the long term reliability - but this is my third lease and the first one with near zero maintenance headaches. All-in-all, I absolutely love my Acadia. I plan to turn it in at the end of my lease because I really want something a little smaller/more nimble and I need better gas mileage, the AC thing also has me a bit concerned - but if fuel economy is not an issue for you, I highly recommend this vehicle.