Used 2015 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Not a great value
By Sunshine Mom

2015 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car brand new 3 years ago. In the time I have owned it the ac has gone out twice, to the tune of $4000 of work in 3 years. The first time was picked up by the GMC warranty. This time I fortunately had an extended warranty that covered everything. There's no reason this should happen to a vehicle so new. Also about a month ago the Bluetooth stopped working. You can manually connect after several tries but it will no longer automatically connect to my phone. The tech from our local dealer couldn't find a problem he said. Very poor value for the cost of this vehicle.

Somethings Wrong.................
By eZAK

2015 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The transmission shift patterns are not up to par! Very Laggy! Will rev to 6K when shifting from 4th to 5th! Dealer says everything is normal.

Great car with zero maintenance costs
By Steve B.

2015 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

While this vehicle has it short-comings, i.e., transmission sometimes hesitates when corning, acceleration is lacking when trying to merge with traffic, it still was a wonderful car to own, especially the maintenance costs: ZERO. I have never owned a car that did not need some kind of adjustment, repair, or attention. Not this one.

Not what I expected for the price.
By Mom of 3 Teenagers

2015 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

While the comfort and features are more than expected, so are the repair bills. I have a 2015, bought a brand new GMC Denali AWD in 2015. The first year was great, comfortable road trips, basic maintenance services included by the dealer, it was a dream. Then things wend down hill fast. First service light- Side detection system failure. (Caused by road salt, really after one year??) $400 to fix. Next trip, horrible sound coming from right front tire, findings: the axle nut was OFF and rolling around inside another $200 !! Next, banging noise coming from outside while driving higher than 30 miles per hour. That was the roof seals, one came loose and was flapping in the wind. (easy fix for me, pushed back in when it comes out) Service light is one again- Side detection system error, back up camera malfunction- This time we had to replace the other side detection system for corrosion ($400) nope still not the issue. Had my truck for 4 days trying to figure out the issue. Wiring harness was bad had to be replaced. That trip was $1200!! At this point I have had enough, but they just tell me I got a bad one.... nice. NOPE, non of this was covered by the warranty. Now I am holding my breath for the next issue to come. Low and behold, here we go, stalling at stops and hesitating on acceleration---- Check engine light is now on. back to the dealer, who at this point knows my name when I walk in the door- this is NOT a good thing. O2 sensor is bad and needs to be replaced- out another $400 !! oh and the hood support rod is broken (I have NEVER opened the hood my self so how does this break???) The service guy said they have to find something to prop it up with so i should replace it for $65 get out of here! Here I am 3 weeks later and guess what, I can feel the transmission not sifting properly. I am DONE... this was the WORST by ever, not only that, but I am going to lose a ton of money on it as there is NO resale value. DO NOT BY GMC!!!! I am going back to Toyota or Honda, where I had more than 100,000 miles without one service visit. If you like to visit the guys in the service shop on a regular basis than this is the truck for you, but if you don't like the headache and wasting money- DO NOT BY GMC!!!

Same old same old
By James Mathews

2015 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2015 Arcida engine light came on at 38,000 miles just like someone planned it, WINK WINK! So after owning a 2009 Terrian I checked the oil......Same old story...oil was at least a quart low, oil was due to be changed but where did the oil go. Just like the 4 cylinder GMC the engine light pops on oil low here we go again, internal oil burn. Dealer actually told me they are suppose to burn oil because of overhead cam....after lots of arguments with GM we traded the Terrian in on the Arcadia. Here we go again......STAY AWAY FROM GMC SMALL ENGINES!!!!