Used 2012 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Well Pleased Taurus Owner
By Lori W.

2012 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2012 Taurus from a dealer and it literally looked like a new car even though it is 6 years old. We were extremely happy with the comfort level of the interior and our salesman was 6'4" and he had plenty of head room. We were impressed by the size of the trunk, the engine has plenty of power and the transmission shifts smooth. We paired our cell phone with the blue tooth and setup music. The Taurus has nice blind spot side view mirrors and beeps when get too close to anything backing up. Only disappointment is no GPS.

No Regrets...bigger is Better
By Tony

2012 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have drove my limited for over 12,000 miles now. I went from an Accord to the Taurus because I wanted a more comfortable car for road trips. The seats are very comfortable and the large center console allows a nice armrest place. Has plenty of power on the highway, Ford could have made the lower end shifts a little closer to avoid a little lagging at low end speeds. Other than that small detail, the car is great for trips and was just what I was looking for. I got 27 mpg driving recently across the country and I usually drive about 89 on the interstate. So far no issues and the car has about 110 k on it.

Very comfortable
By Doug

2012 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good value car for a used vehicle. Very comfortable to drive or ride in. Has most available for the model year. Would say the most annoying thing is the auto dimming headlights. Don’t always give the oncoming car enough time before dimming from brights. Would buy again

Love to floor my ford
By Kirk

2012 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice looking sporty. Decent gas mileage. Not a lot of interior room for tall passengers

Best car I have owned yet!
By Alex

2012 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 3 years now and couldn't be happier! I bought the car with around 40,000 miles on it and currently have 152,000 on it. It has been extremely reliable, probably the most reliable car I have owned yet and I have a Tahoe and a Acura TL. Over the course of the 110,000 miles I have put on it I have only had one repair and that was new control arms in the front at 120,000 miles which I considered routine maintenance. I was able to find a limited that has all the options in it and to my surprise everything still works! Have never had a problem with the auto high beams, blind spot monitor, push start, heated seats, cooled seats, back up camera or the sunshade. The ride is very comfortable and the seats just make you feel like you are floating. Way better than in my Tahoe which is probably one of the most uncomfortable vehicles that I have owned and they are even a little more comfortable than my Acura. I really enjoy the interior and think it is laid out very well, however the rear visibility is a little limited because of the pillars but the BLIS system takes care of your blind spot so I haven't had to much of a problem with it. One of the things I wasn't sure about when I test drove this car was the Sony audio system. I really enjoy music and a good audio system is high on my list of options in a vehicle. I have been very pleasantly surprised with it (coming from an owner of a 7.1 Klipsch home theater system). It is miles ahead of the bose system in my tahoe (which doesn't take much) and just a slight step below the ELS in my Acura (which is one of the best systems I have ever heard in a car). I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a full size sedan! Even at 150,000 miles I still wouldn't hesitate to take it on a long road trip! Ford has definitely got it right with this car! I am thinking it's time to trade in the Tahoe which has given me more recalls and mechanics shop visits than any of the cars I've owned and replace it with another Ford product. Definitely a Ford owner for life after this gem!