Used 2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

Used Taurus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Thanks to this car, 5 people survived a rollover crash....

flymetotheisle, 11/05/2011
SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a big fan of this car...Nothing much to write except that it is because of this Ford Taurus SEL that our whole family is alive right now......We survived a rollover crash and all came out without a scratch...the car was considered totalled and with the safety features that Ford has installed in this vehicle I am alive right now to write about it...amazingly to say the least...Thank you....

Very good

johnny127, 12/08/2014
LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this car about 5 years and have found it to be very reliable. Corrosion resistance has been very good, as we live in the rust belt and on a dirt road. Car has about 130k on it. One weak point on this car is the rear coil springs. They sag prematurely even with no load in the rear and cause the tires to wear unevenly. We've had no mechanical problems with the transmission, though I wouldn't consider it a top performer compared to others in its class. Gas mileage is adequate but, again, I think others in it's class do better. The styling and road hugging ability is about as exciting as vanilla, but it gets you where you need to go.

2004 Tardus

bsr2, 06/16/2014
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Taurus SE 3.0L. I paid $400 for it. Second owner. I put new rear brakes in myself for $124. I bought the car at 209000. It's now up to 306000, all highway km. The windows quit working at one point, simple design flaw in the boot between car and drivers door. 10 min fix have windows working. This car will not stop. Still doesn't leak oil, shifts nice. The car is still tight. It's alright for comfort and the road noise is rather quiet. I doubt I'll buy another, but this car doesn't owe me a dime.

Very Reliable well built car!

Jaxflguy, 11/19/2010
SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since new, this car has not had one issue or problem. There is not a squeak or rattle to be found. Very reliable comfortable car. Safe. You can't go wrong for the price with these cars. Proud to own another Ford and will purchase one again!

My Third Taurus

kimbah, 02/15/2009
SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my third Taurus for just shy of 5 years and I love it. Bought it brand new. I have 80,000 miles on it and have only replaced tires at 60k miles; no other repairs. Still has original brakes which I consistently have checked and they're still good. Now that's amazing!

Best Station Wagon Ever

Alex, 10/28/2010
SE 4dr Wagon w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. It is very practical, comfortable, and smooth running. This car really shines on road trips because there is a lot of room for people and baggage. The roof rack is adjustable and comes in handy. A 6'2" tall person can sleep comfortably in the back when the seats are folded down

Worth every 'used penny'

Predrex, 05/27/2006
SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great low priced, family or individual vehicle. I have found it to be a GREAT rush hour vehicle as well as a very nice open road vehicle. It could use more power in the powertrain area but it's satisfactory unless you're just looking for a performance sedan. I feel that it is far under rated. However, with the Fusion and new 500 series its days are probably numbered. With the added safety package you just simply cannot find a better car in the same class. Opt for the upgraded interior package (leather, command center, etc) and you will be more than happy with the choice. The ride of the vehicle can easily be compared to the higher priced (or class) of family sedans.

Dependable Taurus? not so much

Luna, 11/03/2010
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 5 years ago, one other person had used it, it had about 15,000 miles on it but it was in very good condition. My parents told me it was a dependable car, and since I was 22 at the time I knew so little about cars and trusted their judgment, and knew I it would take me a while to get through college, so dependable seemed ideal. Even if I was already a little wary of Fords, and the color is awful. A year and a half after I bought it we paid $800 to fix a problem with the transmission. Now it appears the transmission may need fixed again, maybe even replaced. It has difficulty shifting gears, which can be nerve wracking when you are trying to get onto a freeway.

A very reliable car

DTMAN, 06/18/2010
SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

While there are some build quality issues, some whistling for example, but not intolerable, this Taurus has over 115K and I have put in a $250.00 coil (was cutting out) and tires, brakes and oil, that's it. Engine is super quiet, runs great and my mechanic says it's dry, no leaks, etc. I get 28+ mpg highway and about 19.5 city, great for a car this substantial My first Taurus, a 1987 performed much in the same way.

I regret getting this car

joe shmoe, 08/08/2003
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Let me just get over the good stuff first.Pretty nice-looking car from the outside and smooth ride...Thats it! This car is SLOW. And talk about a POS engine: a 3.0 liter V6 that ONLY makes 155hp?! that's ridiculous, only 52 hp per liter. The interior looks as if Ford designers TRIED to make it look cheap. It handles terribly and feels like its going to fall apart above 70 MPH. My wife was car shoping and test drove the taurus only because she thought it was pretty. The day after, she brought me to the dealer and we bought the car. She rushed into it and now she hates the car too. The car was only $19,000, so I guess you get what you pay for eh?

12345...15