2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Performance better than claimed.
By Sree

2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a good car for the money. Performance is very so far. I have done about 1500 miles in about a month. I would recommend this car. However Ford can improve gas mileage with some modifications.

Great Comfort
By Firas

2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Driven a fusion on two very long trips and was a very comfortable and convenient ride; loved the car and willing to lease one.. Not super performance but it’s enough to have a safe overtaking..

Jack of Trades, Master of None
By Walt

2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is beautiful, handles really well, and the tech inside is smart and intuitive. Things you'll notice as negatives immediately: 1) brakes are very grabby...surprised no one mentions how potentially dangerous this is. Regenerative brakes to recharge the battery grab pretty hard when depressed beyond lightest touch. This has caused me stop short a few times and my passengers to startle at how sudden the stop has occurred. Very big issue, in my opinion. 2) fuel economy as reported is suspect...very small gas tank (9 gal.) has you filling up at about the same rate as with other cars, albeit you're spending less at each fill up (less space for gas). Not sure the hybrid gas mileage benefit is really a big positive here, and that's why I went hybrid . Some regular cars can get about 38 mpg highway, this car gets 41 mpg highway...is this enough to make you want to go hybrid? Which brings me to 3) acceleration is bad...merging into traffic or accelerating to pass are chores as the engine labors to gain speed. This is a big deal and I should've test driven it more thoroughly, as it is maddening to merge on the highway. That's on me. Overall, good car, not a great car. I went Ford because I've always wanted a Ford, and went hybrid to save $ on my daily super-commute (120 miles/day).

Platinum Package
By art reardon

2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I chose the 2018 Fusion because of my experience with my 2011Fusion. The ride is very quiet and the performance is responsive. The interior is very comfortable and the instrument panel clear and easy to access. I give the 2018 Fusion five stars.

Platinum Package
By art reardon

2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)