Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Still driving in 2018 with no issues!
By Glenda

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My husband bought this car new for me, trading in our 2005 Ford Five-hundred. It is very comfortable and roomy with a huge trunk space. Has been a very reliable car, the only thing we have done is maintenance. No mechanical or electrical issues whatsoever!!! In 2016 my husband bought me a new Nissan Murano that I love, but I still prefer to drive my ford everywhere.

Great Family Car
By Geo

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Mpg 30 highway, 25 around town, really nice for a comfortable family car

2007 Five Hundred Electrical System
By Jean

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

When i bought this car it was awesome. Drove great, rode great, and was roomy. Transmission had to be repaired at a very high price. Now at 182,000 the Instrument Cluster or whatever is causing the intermittent cluster failure is driving me crazy. I has a spot soldered on it, didn't work. Bought a replacement used, didn't work. Had the first one rebuilt, didn't work. Had all my negative wires cleaned and sanded, though it worked only to see it doesn't. It is a notorious problem with this year. I have done nothing but research and I find so many people have this same problem. Wish I could figure out what the problem really is because it keeps me from my travels. Oh by the way, Ford Dealership said it was the cluster..ha!

Pleasantly surprised
By Richy

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine in 2008 with 22k miles. I currently have 160k and running great. I have put 2 sets of tires, 2 batteries and a set of breaks and plugs/wires. Only repair is a water pump at 145k. The only complaint I have is the map light, it was replaced under warranty but still drives me crazy; can't get it to go out once I turn it on. I love the spacious cabin and trunk. Everybody that rides in the back seat is amazed at the space. I have commuted a lot and go on long trips a few times a year and the seats have never been uncomfortable. This vehicle is easy to get in and out of due to the height of the seats. I have hauled numerous large items such as 8 ft tables, antique sewing machine, recliner, even a wheelchair (with luggage). I settled for this Ford because I couldn't afford the Buick.... never dreamed it would be this great.

Great car for value
By Ray

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car as a demonstrator with 8000 miles. It now has 160,000. It has been a great car for the value. Very reliable. Only major repair was the a/c compressor leak. Have no engine or transmissions issues. Average gas mileage is 24-26. Have owned Chevy, VW, Porsche Mercedes and Mazda. This might be the most reliable of all. Think it has thousands of miles left in it.