Used 2001 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Awesome Truck
By Steve schmitt

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I hated the loss of my 1995 f150 xlt it was a great truck but it had seen too many job sites and had to be replaced I found this 2001 King Ranch Supercrew 5.4l 4spd overdrive and had to have it. The price was right the truck had been taken care of and had 164000 miles. I love this truck. I have driven a lot of things from vw to semis and this is hands down the best vehicle I have ever had the pleasure to put my tuckus in. Comfortable and well designed. And I absolutely love the saddle leather seats. It smells like a tack room minus the hay.

Very happy
By joew900

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Over 165,000 miles and going strong.

Truck from Hell
By Distraught and Angry Ford Owner

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This truck model is very unreliable. I am replacing something constantly, the truck manages to leak oil, water, even dot 3 fluid for the transmission. I think the check engine light being on constantly comes standard from the factory. The people responsible for designing and producing this truck in 2001 can be thanked for the incredible rise in Toyota, and other foreign truck sales in the US since its introduction into the market due to such notorious unreliability.

Best truck I have ever owned.
By Brandon

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 2001 XLT, 2WD, 4.2, 5 speed in 2004. It's now 2017 and this truck still runs like a clock at 190k miles. The only thing I have ever done is change the oil, and air filter, plus other regular maintenance. This truck owes me nothing, and has paid for itself. I did put new plugs in it at around 100k , new ball joints and all tie rod ends in at around 150k. I get 15mpg city, and 19mpg highway. It is starting to look old-school, so, I priced new trucks, but they offer the same fuel mileage. I have decided to keep what I have paid-off years ago, it only costs me fuel and nickel-and-dime maintenance. The engine and 5speed manual tranny sound like they are new still. The headlights are starting to fog over after 16 years, so I'm going to have to spend $38 on a restore kit.
I know that tomorrow I can jump in this truck and drive across the country if I had to, and there would be no issues.

. Sometimes high and wi hi Miles don't hurt these
By Bob

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)