2018 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Surprisingly amazed
By Phil

2018 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my new 2018 Escape yesterday. My family has a Honda CR-V and a BMW X3 SUVs. We didn't expect too much for Ford Escape. Now I'm enjoying it. I like its style. I was attracted by its beautiful exterior and value. The seating and ride quality are much better than our CR-V EX, I'm comparing it when it was new. There is virtually no wind noise with Ford Escape. Wish it has bigger screen and collision avoidance, lane keeping stuff. The price is great. Oh, yesterday Ford is among top 5 of JD Power's initial quality report. Hope it's long term reliability also go up.

The Ford Escape was calling my name!
By Pete Pappas

2018 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased at Arlington Heights Ford, got a great price and the car is awesome!

Low Fuel Economy
By Terri P.

2018 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this vehicle based on 30 mpg highway fuel expectancy. I am lucky to get 27. I drive 100 miles round trip each day to work and fuel efficiency is extremely important to me. I feel deceived by Ford in their 30 mpg highway fuel rating.

Finding the perfect car
By Carolyn Bartolotta

2018 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently purchased a 2018 Ford Escape Titanium from Van Drunen Ford in Homewood, Illinois. With the help of my salesman, Tom Schultz, I was able to get the color I wanted which also had all the options I was looking for. I love it. It is a very comfortable vehicle. It does have all the bells and whistles and it will be fun learning how to utilize them. We have purchased vehicles from this dealership in the past and found everyone there to be friendly and helpful whether it be in sales or the service department. Undoubtedly I would highly recommend them to our family and friends.

Love my 2018 Ford Escape S
By Matt A.

2018 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This review is for the base model. I thought I needed all the “bell’s & whistles” and discovered I don’t. This compact CUV has the same 2.5 liter 4-cylinder engine that my 2016 Ford Fusion SE had. I never had any problems or issues with this engine. Somehow this engine seems more spirited in the 2018 Ford Escape. I’m more than satisfied. The Escape has enough interior room for four—five is fine, but not comfortable, depending on the girth of the rear occupants. Leg room is excellent for any 6-footer or shorter. It’s a bit cramped in the rear seat if the front seats are moved too far back. I’m a techie by heart and find the telematics on this CUV to do everything I need from my ride. Having dealt with the SYNC with MyFord Touch in my previous vehicle, I find the base SYNC 1.1 version much easier to navigate. I can deal with the buttons versus a touchscreen. The only negative point here is the small 4.5 inch screen above the center stack. I can work with that too. Of note is the electronic parking brake that works with a button. Gone is the handbrake lever which allows for more cubbies for small items. The exterior was updated in 2017. The Escape was given a redesigned front with a black grille that I find sporty. Tail lamps were also redesigned. I find the exterior to be attractive and good-looking amongst other compact CUVs. I’ve only had my Escape for two weeks and am impressed with its capabilities. I’ll come back in six months to give an update.