Used 2005 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

Used Escape for Sale
Select your model:
12345...82

Pros
Cons

Escape has definitely proven itself

bw, 07/19/2009
XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Escape in Alaska in 2005. It worked GREAT in the snow and gets good mileage. Loaded it full of stuff (so much that the rear suspension was sagging) and drove it to Minnesota in 2006, no problems. Packed it up again and drove it to Maryland in 2009. She's still running great with 95,000 miles. I replaced the stock tires at 80,000 miles and just replaced the front pads/rotors a week ago. The original brakes were on the edge of failing, but they gave me no problems for 95,000 miles. It ain't fancy but it's come a long way! I'm going to keep it until the wheels fall off.

A Welcome Escape

Rod Minnesota, 10/16/2009
XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

As of October 2009, my wife has 153,000 miles on her 2005 Escape. She loves the vehicle and I appreciate its relatively low cost of ownership. Only repair that we have had has been two door latches replaced - not sure why they are plastic.

RUST! RUST! RUST!

Lee, 04/20/2016
XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This model of Ford the escape was not sealed properly on the rear passenger side. At 100,000 miles the rear wheel well and shock mount was rusted through to the interior!! If buying this vehicle have that thoroughly inspected and put a rust sealant on the bottom of the vehicle, the wheel wells and hinder good of car as my good also has a huge use HOLE in it. Repairs were $1,100-$5,000. Not worth the risk of you're depending on this vehicle to last you at least five years. Invest in a newer model where they have fixed this issue. Or stray away from Ford all together!!!

Wishing I had never gotten it

tulareave, 04/25/2013
XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Beware, I purchased this car from a dealer and once the 3 month warranty was out the repairs began! Not just routine repairs, we are talking full exhaust, including the catalytic converter. They coils needed multiple replacement (one time leaving me stranded with my children over 200 miles away from home in Amish country!) new battery, and my latest and most annoying problem is that the door ajar light remains on, which would not be a problem but is makes a CONSTANT ringing noise as you are driving and no one seems to know how to make it stop. At one point the interior lights would come back on randomly draining the battery (that was fun in -35° weather). We have to rent a car or borrow a family members car if we are taking an out of town trip because we don't trust our vehicle. I wish I had never gotten it but stuck with it until the loan is paid off. We basically just drive around waiting for the next thing to need replacing.

Bad Plugs

Bill, 05/09/2010
XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

For the first five years car has been great. Not happy with interior. Upholstery wearing out much to soon. What really steams me is that at 38000 miles the plugs, coils and power module have just gone out. With this mileage I can't believe it. I have been a loyal Ford BUT!

12345...82