2017 Ford C-Max Energi Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford C-Max Energi Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Energi model:

Great car for tall people
By David A

2017 Ford C-Max Energi Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is not a Volt. A Volt has a bigger battery and we can go all summer on about 5 gallons of gas. Energi has a much smaller HV battery and that’s ok. I think the theory is you can drive an Energi about 70% of the time on electric. Very good road car. Engine and cabin are very quiet on highway. Great headroom. Only have 7000 miles on it so no problems so far. Nice tight car. I’d buy it again.

After 5 Prius and one Camry Hybrid ,CMax disappoin
By Hybrid Fan

2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Incredibly surprised by this car. It could be because we've had Three Siennas (Great BTW) 5 Prius's or Prii, not sure don't have an issue with ambiguous plural for Prius, and a 15 year old Thread with over 200k on it that we were so hesitant conceive let alone buy a non-Toyota. That changed dramatically when we took this CMax for a drive and the transmission changeover from Electric to gas is almost imperceptible. The car handles really well and the Sync system and dash electronics really sealed the deal. Granted we only have 5800 miles on it and it was a New Car despite being a model year old, we really are completely satisfied with this car. For some reason getting in and out is easier than the others and the noise levels at highway speeds are really much quieter than were used to. We read all about the horrors of Sync and really worried about that as well. Whatever version ofnSync is in our 2017, it is by far among the best we've used. Combined gas-electric MPG is 69.2 and we do drive it in EV Priority mode around most days. We really could not have both been so shocked at our satisfaction with our purchase. Don't get me wrong, we still have two Prius's spin the family as college cars, but We would not hesitate in recommending a CMax to someone in this category. Maybe we need counseling?????

Good little Econo-wagon
By Jamie Harr

2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got a factory fleet vehicle, 3800 miles on it and 2/3 the original cost. Great value.

Get one while they last!
By Chris

2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought a C-MAX Energi and compared it to a 2017 Prius V and drove a 2013 Prius before. I never thought that I would even think about "fun" when driving a car until I drove the Prius V and realized what I was missing, it dives like a van and acceleration is non-existant. The C-Max is very different, it can drive it like my 200hp Passat, then the milage drops considerably but there is also the option to drive it more carefully and Ford has integrated a lot of tools to monitor efficiency with to get very good mpg. For me it's the perfect compromise of both worlds, although the mpg is somewhat lower than a Prius. Interior quality is much better than a Prius V and the regular Prius's outside is just hideous, IMO. - The plug-in Energi will be discontinued in 2018 and eventually be replaced by an Escape version (according to Ford). Currently the price for the C-Max Energi are below the regular hybrid after the tax deduction. The price will be largely influenced by the extras since the discounts are not applied on these. I decided I needed heated seats (cold weather package $300) and the reversing sensors and camera with bigger screen (package 401A $1200) you can get both and leather seats with package 402A ($1600). I stayed away from the Navigation which is another $800 since this is included in every phone and thus useless since the C-Max support both apple carplay and android auto.

No spare tire, everything else is great!
By Edward Basgall

2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Buy a donut spare on ebay or wait for a tow truck if you experience a sidewall tire failure, like I did last weekend....