2017 Ford C-Max Energi Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C-Max Energi model:

Found my car
By CMB

2017 Ford C-Max Energi Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This hybrid has won me over to the technology. Fabulous tech and feedback on driving & braking to improve gas mileage is wonderful

Averaging 64.4 MPG and Climbing!
By Ignatius

2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Ford C-Max Energi is a wonderful and economical automobile. It has incredible fuel economy, especially if one lives in an area where one's commute is short. The advertised all-electric range of the car is 19 miles. However, given the right conditions, I have occasionally gotten 30 all-electric miles from a charge. More commonly I will get 23-25. In the winter, it's mid to high teens, since batteries don't work as well in the cold. As for the gasoline hybrid mode, I have also found that the car consistently gets better mileage than advertised. Typically, I get 41-46 mpg when the car is shifted into hybrid mode. And the really cool thing about the C-Max is that it is able to do this without sacrificing power. It's quick off the line and can get you up to highway speeds in around 7 seconds. Now, if you floor it, you will probably pull some gas, but that's that. The dash display is really nice; it's visually very refined and provides a number of helpful performance metrics. I would say the vehicle really only has two major downsides. The first is obvious: the PHEV battery takes up half of the trunk, so cargo space is restricted. The other is not as obvious. The turning radius on this car is really pretty awful. My wife's Jeep Patriot can probably do a full turn in half the space. With that being said, I would still highly recommend this car. Very economical!

Ford's best kept secret
By David Nugent

2017 Ford C-Max Energi Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It really is a cool car. I have all the luxury features with the economical and fuel saving advantage. Tons of main cabin space in front and rear....visibility is outstanding. Cargo space is limited but everything else makes up for it.

Great car for tall people
By David A

2017 Ford C-Max Energi Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is not a Volt. A Volt has a bigger battery and we can go all summer on about 5 gallons of gas. Energi has a much smaller HV battery and that’s ok. I think the theory is you can drive an Energi about 70% of the time on electric. Very good road car. Engine and cabin are very quiet on highway. Great headroom. Only have 7000 miles on it so no problems so far. Nice tight car. I’d buy it again.

After 5 Prius and one Camry Hybrid ,CMax disappoin
By Hybrid Fan

2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Incredibly surprised by this car. It could be because we've had Three Siennas (Great BTW) 5 Prius's or Prii, not sure don't have an issue with ambiguous plural for Prius, and a 15 year old Thread with over 200k on it that we were so hesitant conceive let alone buy a non-Toyota. That changed dramatically when we took this CMax for a drive and the transmission changeover from Electric to gas is almost imperceptible. The car handles really well and the Sync system and dash electronics really sealed the deal. Granted we only have 5800 miles on it and it was a New Car despite being a model year old, we really are completely satisfied with this car. For some reason getting in and out is easier than the others and the noise levels at highway speeds are really much quieter than were used to. We read all about the horrors of Sync and really worried about that as well. Whatever version ofnSync is in our 2017, it is by far among the best we've used. Combined gas-electric MPG is 69.2 and we do drive it in EV Priority mode around most days. We really could not have both been so shocked at our satisfaction with our purchase. Don't get me wrong, we still have two Prius's spin the family as college cars, but We would not hesitate in recommending a CMax to someone in this category. Maybe we need counseling?????