Used 2016 FIAT 500X Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 FIAT 500X Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500X model:

2016 500x fiat engine locked
By K.M.

2016 FIAT 500X Easy 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I got this car after trading in my Nissan Maxima. Dealer said it was a great car reliable good on gas so forth. After having a car for less than 6 weeks the car completely shut off on the interstate. The brake locked car would not start. Take it to the dealership dealership has a minute to diagnose it. They tried to say it was an electrical problem. And truth I don't think they know. Now they're saying the engine has locked up. No problems with car until I had an oil change. If I were you I would not get this car. This car needs to be recalled. It is a safety hazard to anyone and their family. It will shut off at high speeds. Will not start and horrible weather. What's even worse is Chrysler will not own up to the fact that this is not a great car this car is deadly. I almost lost my life. Sat in 90 degree weather until a tow truck came to get me and the car. Was not even offered a rental car. Please do yourself a favor and do not get this car.

Undervalued, Underappreciated, but Great!!
By Greg Carroll

2016 FIAT 500X Lounge 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

The Fiat 500X is a joy to drive and will put a smile on your face every time. It has plenty of power, although you won't win many races with it. It is very sure-footed as it has excellent grip and road manners, especially in the frozen stuff with the AWD system. And it is a safe car! I wrecked mine and it literally saved my life. You will enjoy the uniqueness of being one of very few on the road, but don't be concerned. The mechanicals are the same as the Jeep Renegade, so dealer maintenance will always be close by.

After 2 years
By Leonard Pelly

2016 FIAT 500X Lounge 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Unless it has been improved on the road noise is very annoying on some surfaces. My son and I have done some work on upgrading that issue with sound deadening material and it has helped but still annoying.

Worst car ever!
By Grey

2016 FIAT 500X Easy 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I bought this car in December 2015 , 2016 fiat 500x , a month later my nightmare started, I can’t not count how many times my car is being at the dealer , always is a new problem , electrical problems , motor mount are awful, air conditioning, it was one time my car was at the dealer for two month , ah counting also every time with a rental car , I’m very upset and sad with my car , it was the worst purchase ever, I do not recommend it ,they devalued so bad , I did call fiat to get an advise and see how can I get rid off my car and they told me will be something that I have to resolve with the dealer, I went back to the dealer and they didn’t help me at all, I’m desperate with this car , paying every month for something that I know is a piece of garbage!

Horrible experience
By Disgruntled

2016 FIAT 500X Pop 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

At 24113 miles and less than 2 years old, vehicle began stalling after display or numerous different warning lights. Over the course of 7 months, I was left stranded 11 times after stalling on expressway and in town. Each time dealership replaced a part (5 new parts in total) and returned it to me "fixed". Warranty is for 5 years and I had extended warranty. Didn't want to trade. Wanted FIAT to fix it. They refused to buy back (it had over 24000 miles and not eligible?!), give be comparable vehicle, or acknowledge it was a lemon and they couldn't figure out the problem. Had to trade and take a financial loss as I couldn't continue to put my family in harm's way. FCA staff were not helpful. Entire experience with FIAT was horrible. Local dealership did as Chrysler/Fiat directed them and they actually stepped up to offer more on a trade they usual and took vehicle "as-is" which was still not repaired. I will never purchase another FIAT or recommend to others. Poor customer service and unwilling to accept responsibility for faulty vehicle.