Used 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews

Used Ram Pickup 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

So far my favorite truck

sbranscum, 11/09/2013

Bought this truck used with low miles,and i must say it is so far my favorite. I've had toyotas, chevy's and other dodges, but this one takes the cake by far. If your on the fence about what truck to buy this year, dont let this one go to the way side, I almost did and am very glad i didnt.

2010 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi crew cab

Bob, 06/06/2017
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had zero problems with this lovely beast. I purchased it used last June & I have driven over 20k miles. I have been a Ford man my whole life, but this Ram won me over! I will give you the things I would improve upon first, then more of the good. First off, this is a truck, so it rides rougher than a car & if you are not a truck person, you might not want this truck. I find the steering to be weak in comparison to the F-150. This beast feels amazing going in a straight line, buts lots of body roll on turns. Next, the back seats are just about 2 steps above bleacher seats, lol. Even my 2 little ones want to sit on pillows. Also, the a/c does not really cool the back off that well. Front seats are amazing though. I am about average height 5'9", but I am a brickwall & the bucket seats are wide enough to feel comfortable! Dodge made the center console a shiny silver paint with chrome trim rings. This was asinine! I am going blind during the day! The rest of the console is amazing though. Several charger ports, 2 glove boxes, 2 consoles cubbies. Matter of fact, Dodge did a good job with storage period! Great storage area under the rear seats & 2 storage areas in the rear floorboard area. The brakes are spongey, had the brake fluid flushed & refilled, which helped a tad. When it comes to power though, this truck does NOT disappoint! The 5.7L Hemi can pretend to be meek & mild while cruising, but the moment you give it full throttle, it wakes up and attacks the highway! I have noticed I average about 13-14.5 mpg in town, but I also like hearing the motor, so I get a bit heavy on the throttle sometimes. On the highway, I have seen 22-23 mpg, if I set the cruise at 60 mph, but at 75 mph, she still gets approximately 19 mpg. My wishlist would be for improved handling, better brakes, better rear seats, stronger blower for the rear a/c, & a system like Ford builds into their tailgate for climbing into the bed. Update: Just after a hundred thousand miles, one of the lifters broke and damaged the lobe on the cam. this is a known issue these engines have, and I wish I knew about it in advance. If I had not have had an extended warranty oh, it would have cost me $3,700 make the repair on the head. Put this in perspective did you have to replace both heads mama you've already spent more than buying a new motor. so even after I got that done there was no guarantee that the other side would not go out. If you buy a 2010 with a Hemi in it oh, I highly recommend you get updated lifters put in to avoid this problem.

Not too happy

Joe Pardo, 01/30/2010

Nice looking truck but look closer, have defects in the paint in 3 or more areas, CD gets stuck in player,came with driver seat mirror blurr, all tires and rims had to be replaced after 3 days of driving and last but worse of all hood made of very light material when driving 65 plus looks like going to come of hinges.Do one thing before buying do your home work on all trucks and compare quality. Looking to see if Dodge is going to make good on all items

5k miles in and still love it

Joe V, 12/19/2009

Traded a Dodge Dakota for new Big Horn edition Crew Cab 1500 4WD. Has 5.7L V8. Drives really well. Better than others that I looked at. Toyota was 2nd choice. Really comfortable and quiet down the road.

10 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4.7 SLT

Andy, 06/11/2010

I was towing with a 2004 Jeep GC with the 235 horse/ 295 ft lbs 4.7. I had a chance to move up to the Dodge truck as a more stable towing platform. I didn't NEED the hemi so I opted for the 310 horse / 330 ft lbs 4.7 ( big difference). I did get the 3.92 anti-spin rear and the full towing package. It is rated to tow 7300 lbs. I got 15 mpg around town and as of yet haven't had a chance to drive it solo on the highway. I got 10-11 while towing my 28 ft trailer. I should be able to knock off 20 mpg on the highway as it is taching 1800 rpm @ 60 mph. I towed in 4th gear pulling 2500 rpm at 61 mph.

12345...16