Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 379 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Mine has a 5.7 liter Hemi engine, 4x4
By Anpeytu

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my truck in March 2004; it had 11 miles on it. It now has over 307,000 miles on it, original engine, tranny, drive train, exhaust system, almost everything is original. I had the engine compression checked 3 years ago- all was good. I had to replace the headlights. The rear differential had a design flaw that caused it to need replacement at about 55,000 miles, but that was under warranty. I've pulled 23 and 28 foot travel trailers with it, and 2 and 3 horse trailers- no problem, even at over 12,000 feet elevation. My truck has an Infinity sound system (which sounds like a concert hall), leather seats, power driver's seat, power gas and brake pedals, fold-out decking under the rear seat, storage under the front center console. I could not have bought a better truck. It provides a smooth ride, is good in snow. I love my truck and can't imagine replacing it.

Was a Chevy man till I found this
By Ricky

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is great no matter what car you buy they all have problems.... most problems is abuse....I'm a tech and work on my own stuff I check it over every time change my oil.. I have few issues.. that is normal wear and tear... which most people complain about... this 4.7 engine is great people say they have lots of problems with it... I dont see why unless you dont change oil regularly or us crap oil that sludges up which is a killer to this engine..... and or dont just dont keep it up... the transmission works great.... the road noise is probably the worst part of truck and bumpy ride... but for price it is reliable

It may be 12 years old but I love the truck.
By Brett

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have a every expanding mowing business that I do on the side and was looking for an inexpensive pickup. I found this Arizona owned truck with two wheel drive and it was priced to sell by private seller so I grabbed it up. The truck has the 4.7 V8 that does pretty well pulling around my enclosed mowing trailer with equipment in it. It does great around town mowing 40 yards a week. I get about 11mpg pulling the trailer in stop and start non stop while mowing. My only gripe is I wish it had the Hemi in it. I think it would pull the trailer better at highway speeds. It does pull it down the highway ok but I just feel like it could use the extra HP. If it is a windy day I feel like I am giving it some throttle to keep it at 60. Overall the truck for being 12 years old has minimal issues 125,000 miles. AC works great very comfortable interior. Only issue is the CD player stopped working but did not break my heart as my new laptop does not even have a CD accessory anymore to make CD's. I am impressed with how the door handles hold up on the truck. Which may sound stupid but other work vehicles I have used to mow door handles were always falling apart. For a work truck, I am honestly scared to upgrade because this thing has been so good to me. I rated the MPG low but I use this nearly all of the time pulling a trailer so hard to judge.

Unstoppable
By Albert

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this truck for many years and have used it in deep snow, sand, and mud and nothing has stopped it. Mine is RWD only and it was pulling 4x4s out of sand and ditches no problem. My only complaints are the cheap looking interior and the bad mpg. Unless you need it as a daily driver for a long commute I'd definitely pick this any day. It's better looking than many other tucks in its time but is no slouch. Good for towing and hauling. Throw a dual exhaust on it and it sounds beautiful.

if you cant dodge it, ram it
By gary smith

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)