Used 2015 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

not dependable
By Krick

2015 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car May 2015. I have 32,000 miles and have had to put it in the shop at least three times for the engine shutting off while driving. Just last week the car died again and had to sit there and wait to start again. I have had to replace the battery already this year. I was getting 24mpg and now down to 22mpg. The car is sluggish when you try to push the pedal to go, do not dare to pull out in front of a on coming car unless the car is at least a mile back!! Spoke with a mechanic (son's friend) and he states that it would have something to do with the transmission. Also, last oil change was told that my fuel injection need to be cleaned. I am so tired of buying cars that constantly have problems. I have never own a dodge and am so irritated that this car is an American car and this is what America sells. The air is loud and also when I am on the phone the person I am speaking with can here the background noise of the car. It is not well built, but America does not build to last anymore.

Darting Around
By Scott Stewart

2015 Dodge Dart GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The fuel mileage is excellent provided that the car is accelerated gently; therefore, although equipped with the larger 2.4L engine, the car feels sluggish when accelerating (it is heavy for its size). With the 6-speed manual transmission, I tend to upshift at approximately 2,500 RPM which yields 26 MPG city, 35 MPG highway, combined 30 MPG. Under ideal conditions, I have exceeded 38 MPG highway. Since I do drive conservatively, I never have exceeded about 3,500 RPM.

In the 18 months I have owned the Dart it has been completely trouble-free – no rattles or loose trim; no “new car” adjustments. The only services have been oil changes.

The clutch engages rather suddenly; despite my previous car also having a manual transmission, it took me quite a while to adjust to this.

The interior room is adequate for me, but not great. I have the driver’s seat adjusted nearly all the way up and all the way back, which results in the non-height-adjustable rearview mirror blocking my forward vision to the right. Since I do have the driver’s seat set high and back, the door/roof headroom when entering or exiting does require caution to avoid a “dented head.”

I cannot comment on the entertainment system, as I never use it. I wanted the GPS, which I use frequently. The backup camera and side traffic warning detection are superb. I am delighted to have the availability of the selectable analog/digital speedometer; I use digital exclusively as I find it much easier to see quickly.

I purchased the Dart after its discontinuation, so I was aware of the effect on its resale value. I was seeking a four-door vehicle with a manual transmission with many options. If the Dart were still available, it is likely I would have bought another; for me, the positives far exceed the qualities I dislike.

Dartagnan
By Fay

2015 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Love this car.

Looks aren’t everything
By DaisyG

2015 Dodge Dart SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I do not recommend this car what so ever ! I am currently paying so much for a 2015 dart & the engine light has turned on so many damn times & I bought this garbage car NEW . It’s ridiculous and honestly regret this purchase , a brand new car should not be having all these issues .

I’ve enjoyed owning it
By Michael Gallegos

2015 Dodge Dart SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I’ve had my Dart for about two years now, and I’ve taken it on several road trips and a lot of in town driving. Basically, it’s a very good car, but my only problems with it are the exterior being a little cheap. It sits low to the ground so it scraps on curbs all the time (granted that’s my fault, really). Once, I ran over something in the road (I think a piece of concrete or something?) and it blew out my AC, but they were able to fix it easily and it didn’t cost much. Recently, I hit a little cage while pulling into my garage and it almost removed the whole front bumper. Basically, it’s kinda cheap but you have to be more careful with it than I am, I’m a bit reckless, I need a truck or something. Also, the tire pressure will go low super easily. A slight cool breeze will turn that light on. That being said, it’s been on several road trips without giving me a single problem with the engine, gas or anything and it’s survived attempted break ins and a gun shot to the hood (I live in a rough city, what can I say). It’s a very reliable car and it’s very affordable and worth the money! But just a tad cheap and delicate but most of that is my fault