Used 2015 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Traded the dart in and got a honda accourd
By Boog

2015 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Worst car ever bought it from a certified dealership thought i was getting a good car but didnt . Had the car for a year and a couple of months , every 3 months from the day i bought it something went wrong not finna break everything down but i got a new alternator , Air compressor , battery , transmission , evap system , and countless tire pressure system sensors . For one dodge dealerships dont know what there doing over there besides taking your money and two dodge darts aren’t worth s*** ! Just recently was in the Middle of a busy intersection and the battery light turned on in the car shut off with a brand new alternator and battery thank God the car cut back on long enough for me to go trade it in best decision ever middle of a busy intersection and the battery light turned on in the car shut off with a brand new alternator and battery thank God the car cut back on long enough for me to go trade it in best decision ever .

I had to lawyer up!
By Kaitlin Stevers

2015 Dodge Dart SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2015 Dodge Dart in February 2016. I purchased the car for around $16-$17k from shelor motor mile. I've had issues since 17,000 miles . My car cuts off while driving and steering locks up. It does the following randomly: - stalls out -wont go in gears -pops out of gears -wont come out of gears -lights go dim on the dash -the car lights and dash screen blink sometimes like they were shut off and cut back on. This car caused me an accident and ticket! I paid to have the clutch replaced $1500 in parts. When it was in the shop I called the dealer and told them I also needed my transmission fixed and that I would need to bring them my car from 460Auto. I told Shelors the cars transmission needed fixed is what the test said that 460 Auto preformed. The dealership said they couldn't see me for 12 days. I asked for a rental and was denied. I asked for them to look at it and get me in a rental even if they couldn't start working on it yet. Then they told me no I'd have to wait 12 days and just "deal with it". I tried for days to get a better resolution. I was hung up on and laughed at. Then forced to drive it so I could go to work. Then the day before it was supposed to go to the shop it broke down. I had to pay for a tow truck because the dealership would not. I got the car to the dealership and had to authorize a $95 payment while they looked at my car. Then they finally admitted I was right my transmission needed fixed. They put me in a rental for 10 days and said they would call with updates. Then they never called so I called them. Bobby said "we have to order parts" I asked what parts and the said "I'll call you back with that information I don't have it". Then he never called back so I called again. Bobby called back with once again little information. I had lots of questions he couldn't answer so he said he'd call me back. Once again he didn't. Not untill the day before my rental agreement would terminate. He told me to come by and that if the cars done it'll be ready and he'd call and let me know. He said if not just go ahead and come in because we have to update your rental. So when I came in I got my car and I was told I could drive it but would need another clutch "probably". Mind you he was not sure!! I told him the clutch in it was 12 days old when I brought the car in. He then said the same thing and admitted he was unsure what all the issues were. So I got my car and on my way home I realize it will not go in 5th or 6th. I called the dealership and they said oh yeah the "shifter is broken" I said oh how? When? Why? They told me it was broken but not when. I asked why they did not fix it and they said it was not covered under my warranty. Even though the shifter was not broken. When it was taken in. I ended up getting a lawyer after several attempts to resolve the situation. My car is a lemon people. It is just down right unfixable. So now my lawyer is pushing for a new car and settlement. Shelor employees laughed at me when I was confused and frustrated. I lost a good paying job because of this car! Now I'm waiting for a resolution and the car broke down again. I went out yesterday and it just wouldn't start. I checked the fuses and they look fine. I dont have tools to check the spark plugs. I can hear the cars engin an battery try to start up. I tried jumping it to see if maybe the battery was the problem. It was low on gas so I put more in. Fluids are fine. I don't understand why this car breaks down every time I turn around. I have spent around $5k in repairs. This car is horrible!

Overpriced hot garbage
By Jason

2015 Dodge Dart Aero 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I picked up this hot mess about three years ago, completely new (30 miles on the odometer). After leaving the dealership, the car overheated and shut down on me before I even made it home. I called the dealership, and was given some nonsense about how that was "totally normal" on new cars while the fluids worked their way through the new car. It sounded like nonsense, but it was also the first new car I'd ever bought. A few months later, the car overheated and shut down again in San Francisco in traffic. I took it in to be looked at, but nobody could find anything wrong with it. The car drives like absolute garbage, and always downshifts at random times. So even though you aren't going with any speed, the car revs up like you're a moron trying to drive a stick shift but don't know how - but it's an automatic transmission. This last weekend on the way back from Vegas, the check engine light comes on and I'm getting an error code related to poorly done turbo system. Now I have to figure out a way to get the car to the dealership - AGAIN - on a car with <25,000 miles on it. From the moment I got this car, I've wanted to set the stupid thing on fire and roll it down a hill. I will never EVER buy another godawful Dodge vehicle again.

not dependable
By Krick

2015 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car May 2015. I have 32,000 miles and have had to put it in the shop at least three times for the engine shutting off while driving. Just last week the car died again and had to sit there and wait to start again. I have had to replace the battery already this year. I was getting 24mpg and now down to 22mpg. The car is sluggish when you try to push the pedal to go, do not dare to pull out in front of a on coming car unless the car is at least a mile back!! Spoke with a mechanic (son's friend) and he states that it would have something to do with the transmission. Also, last oil change was told that my fuel injection need to be cleaned. I am so tired of buying cars that constantly have problems. I have never own a dodge and am so irritated that this car is an American car and this is what America sells. The air is loud and also when I am on the phone the person I am speaking with can here the background noise of the car. It is not well built, but America does not build to last anymore.

Darting Around
By Scott Stewart

2015 Dodge Dart GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The fuel mileage is excellent provided that the car is accelerated gently; therefore, although equipped with the larger 2.4L engine, the car feels sluggish when accelerating (it is heavy for its size). With the 6-speed manual transmission, I tend to upshift at approximately 2,500 RPM which yields 26 MPG city, 35 MPG highway, combined 30 MPG. Under ideal conditions, I have exceeded 38 MPG highway. Since I do drive conservatively, I never have exceeded about 3,500 RPM.

In the 18 months I have owned the Dart it has been completely trouble-free – no rattles or loose trim; no “new car” adjustments. The only services have been oil changes.

The clutch engages rather suddenly; despite my previous car also having a manual transmission, it took me quite a while to adjust to this.

The interior room is adequate for me, but not great. I have the driver’s seat adjusted nearly all the way up and all the way back, which results in the non-height-adjustable rearview mirror blocking my forward vision to the right. Since I do have the driver’s seat set high and back, the door/roof headroom when entering or exiting does require caution to avoid a “dented head.”

I cannot comment on the entertainment system, as I never use it. I wanted the GPS, which I use frequently. The backup camera and side traffic warning detection are superb. I am delighted to have the availability of the selectable analog/digital speedometer; I use digital exclusively as I find it much easier to see quickly.

I purchased the Dart after its discontinuation, so I was aware of the effect on its resale value. I was seeking a four-door vehicle with a manual transmission with many options. If the Dart were still available, it is likely I would have bought another; for me, the positives far exceed the qualities I dislike.