Used 2016 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Town and Country for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Hate the sliding side doors

Janet Boltz, 09/03/2016
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like the town and country but will not buy another until they do away with the sliding side doors. They do not last long even after you get them fixed. The side doors have to be manually opened and not sliding for me. Have also spent a lot of money fixing the air conditioner

Our 3rd Stow and Go Van

Jim, 04/23/2019
Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have had 3 of the Chrysler/Dodge minivans since the Stow and Go introduction in 2005. We sold the 1st on a dumb whim at 2 years old. The 2nd is now being used by our kids in Florida. Paid out for a bunch of repairs for engine leaks before they got it. We intend to keep the 3rd for a long time, so we purchased the factory lifetime Max Care warranty. We considered buying a 2017 Pacifica, but the price was higher. Really can't complain about our decision. The T&C has been exactly what we expected. Nothing compares to the convenience and convertibility of Stow and Go seating. Eight person seating would be nice upon occasion, especially with a load of grandkids. Add a towing package and you have decent cargo capability. Update April, 2021 Currently at 45,000 miles. No repairs since purchase. There iis an engine "whine" that I will have checked at my next service appointment. I updated the navigation maps a few months ago, which is not a job for the faint-hearted. Map updates were missing newer and revised roads from year prior.

get a toyota instead! these are junk now!

hobart, 10/15/2018
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

They are not what they used to be ... I had 3 previous caravans so thought this would be good... Its junk compared to the others and my former van which was a toyota with 187000 miles on it ( that was totaled) This seemed nice at first but the seats don't adjust nicely to my somewhat short legs. At 44000miles the thing started rattling and now drives like a truck not a touring vehicle.... then we get a warning light and it turns out a head cylinder was defective so the thing needed to be taken apart and replaced. Thankfully but not without a little argument the dealer did that under warranty. Never managed to get the phone to sync... probably because the car was a leased one and the other guys phone is on there... so is his hideous barbara Streisand music... I cannot get it off and there is no manual for the electronics included...I got a cd with instructions and there was nothing on that that helped at all...Oh... and the front bumper cracked on a snow bank... this now has 54000 miles on it and i cannot even trust it to drive it accross country to see my son... which is what I purchased it for. hope this helps... wish i had known what I was getting into... what a big mistake!!!!! UPDATE got rid of it ..whew.. no i can go on a road trip with confidence...

Bad sliding doors

Keisha, 12/04/2018
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the t&c touring and fell in love during the test drive. After 5 months I had to get 3 new tires. Three months later it needs an alignment. At the same time I start having problems with the automatic sliding doors. When you push to open them, it will open all the way then just start to shut itself (my 4 year old was almost crushed by the door while trying to get in). No auto shop can tell me what's wrong with it. Gas mileage is really not the best. And transmission shifts hard sometimes. Not the quietest ride. It looks beautiful on the inside and all the features are very nice, but the overall quality is pretty poor.

Best Buy why are they stopping the production of

Kevin, 03/05/2019
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this minivan to use for everyday transportation. The transportation and the cargo capacity of this van is phenomenal I'm really sorry to see the fact these people are not producing this van and continues to improve the product. I believe if they had the time in the money they would outperform Toyota, Kia, Honda, in all regards of the fact they were the original. I'm really sorry to see that the discontinue this model.