Used 2003 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Really don't know to brag on it or on me!
By C. Ed Pattison

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX Family Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our 2003 LX town and country when it had 74,000 miles on it. It has given us excellent service. It now has 274,000 miles on it and still going strong. I have done the maintenance on it my self, after getting ripped of by a dealer. (that's another story). I have changed the oil and filter every 3,000 miles, in spite of being told I didn't need to that often.(I keep a record on the maintenance) But now my care of it is paying off. Of course over the miles and years I've had to replace some things on it, but not more than any other vehicle I've owned. I like it so well, that I bought a 2007 hoping that it does just as well. It is not nearly as easy to drive, and doesn't ride as comfortable as my '03. I didn't trade it in, as they wouldn't give me more trade-in than I can drive out of it, and then give it to someone. It is now my work car. I removed all the seats but the front, and haul what I need to, plus keep my tools in it. If I hadn't been happy with it, I wouldn't have bought another one. (By the way, the '07 is doing fine, but "ole brownie" is still my favorite.

Great ride you can depend on
By Chris

Tech has changed a lot since 03, so u won't be impressed with that, but all else is great

Great Family Van
By June Keck

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Chrysler Town and Country Limited when our son was 2 wks. old. This van has done it all! Been a play area, diaper changing area, nursing and bottle feeding. Have to remember the weird stuff. It's hauled chickens, goats, hay, fence posts, lumber. Pulled a 16ft. trailer with 50 hay bales with no problem. My husband and I are both disabled. I can honestly say that without this van, we would not have been able to do half the things we've gotten done with it. I love the tires. They stick to the road no matter the weather. I can honestly say I only have one Big Gripe. The sliding doors. I blame the dealership. We had problems with the doors from the beginning. Told the door to shut (didn't matter which button was used.) The door would start to shut. About 1 foot from closing it would bounce back open. To get it to shut we had to get out and shut it manually. Then it wouldn't open. So had to manually open it. Every time we took it in, the Dealership said they couldn't duplicate it. They finally fixed one door after I videoed it. Of course the other door went out of warranty before I could get them to fix it. I do love the safety sensors on the doors. I will Never get a van without them. Not because of our child, but because my husband and I need them.

Made it to the moon!
By April Marshmellow

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan eL FFV Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Our goal was to get 232K mIles out of this van so we could say we had traveled (the distance) to the moon. Same transmission--I've had it flushed twice. 268K, mostly highway miles and still humming right along. My siblings who have owned Chevrolet and other minivans prefer the seats in the T&C. I highly recommend this van.

Best ride I ever bought
By Randy

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best work horse my family ever bought. I still drive it frequently and my now teenage daughters won't let me sell it. I had an 80+ year old gentleman stop me at Publix and told me to never sell it as he had one, sold it, and regretted it. I agreed. Only costs me $150 every 6months to insure and despite less than exemplary milage still is worth keeping. Don't know if I'll let it go before it gives up on me altogether. Did have to replace the transmission twice and now instrument cluster needs repair. No other major issues. Glad I bought it.