Used 2002 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Reasonable transportation
By Retired

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 02 was bought used from a person that took care of it & drove it with care . I take care of it & drive with care & 275,000 miles later NO major problems only normal maintanance I might sell it & maybe upgrade to a younger model year depending on what I find & read on reviews on problems ETC . My conclusion is WHO BUILT IT & WHO DROVE & MAINTAINED IT has a lot to do with WHAT YOU GET so do your HOME WORK I did ( EIGHT ) years ago and so far I am looking for a CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY .

Comfortable car but very unreliable after high MI.
By MBB

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LXi AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used for very little money with high miles as a truck for hauling stuff around. It is very comfortable, drives well but seems to be in CONTINUOUS need of repair. As it's hard to find a mechanic at where I live I have become one myself! Taking it on long trips is a nail biter. I drive around with a jack, breaker bar, etc. in the trunk. It's replacement will be SIENNA...

2002 Town & Country Limited
By BenDak

Fine minivan
By kawliga

2002 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van used, 12 yo with 77k miles to replace a 1999 that hit a deer. Love it so much that it gets picked to commute from Missouri to Florida since it holds so much and wife is a packrat. On the highway I get a honest 23 mpg at 70mph. Will eventually trade for the Stow n Go but until then will drive the wheels off. Old T&C had 180k and was still going strong.
Update: Sold the van to a family that was elated to get, it replaced a older T&C that they had worn out. I did however, replace the T&C with a new Honda Odyssey. I just wanted the quality of the Honda. Looked at the Pacifica but the only thing I really liked was the Stow and Go and I realized I would only use that every couple of years and I own a utility trailer to haul longer items.

Poor MPG
By brokenlies247

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable with everything needed at your fingertips.
However, unless you have money to waste, don't purchase.
The MPG is horrendous!
I have had this van for a little over a month and I'm already looking to trade it in! I cringe every time I have to drive it.
At one point in time I was receiving 6 MPG and this was with a tune up.

Very roomy with leather interior and heated seats. I love the digital compass and the MPG indicator as well as the individual temperature control. Easy to drive