Used 2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Turns heads for cheap, but has it's downsides.
By man_on_wheelz

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is definitely a good buy! I have no regrets with this purchase. The car overall is a real head-turner. With the top down, children love staring at it as you drive by, and adults often give you the thumbs up or start conversation. So many people want to go for a ride in the car as so many people have never ridden in a convertible and with the comfort and space you can easily take 3 people with you on the ride. Trunk space is plenty for a convertible with the top down. And the top goes up and down in like 6 seconds or so quietly and easily. Unlike some cars you can even operate the top up to around 10 MPH. There is no roll over protection so... don't flip it! But it's got a nice low center of gravity anyway so chances of flipping are low. The aerodynamics in this thing is phenomenal! Driving over 70mph on a windy rainy day on the countryside was a breeze. You can hear when the wind hits the car but it stays the course very well. And I personally get a kick out of the sound of the wind getting sliced by the wipers as it wipes. With a good, tight top on the car (like new) the noise level with the top up is very minimal and similar to a standard hard body car. Warning though, when I got mine used, the back window on the top was separated from the cloth causing a leak in the back into the trunk. Chances are you'll need to replace the top. There's a site that can sell you one for around $500, that's where I got mine, and put it on myself. Took 2 people with no experience in convertible tops but we got it done and it looks great! Took us a whole day lol. One of my biggest complaints though is the electronics. The headlights are not very bright so I recommend getting one with working foglights. And also I'm having a fight with my headlight switch as it seems to now be tied to my foglights. Headlights turn on, foglights come with for no reason! I've gone through several switches and eventually each one either ties my headlights to the foglights, or fog lights stop working altogether. I'd rather it stay on all the time which is my current issue, I can live with this. Also my door locks sometimes don't lock/unlock with the key fob... other times it does. And there's a connector under the passenger seat tied to the airbag system that frequently lights my airbag light. I every so often have to get out and push it together to get it to turn off. This car has gremlins I swear. But still when everything is working fine its a great car I still recommend it greatly!

Depends !!!
By jack carli

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Its not a Mustang , -no way!! The COPS know this is not a hot rod!! I do not get tickets for speeding, love it !! This Sebring is not great at cornering , but its got a low center of gravity, great touring car ,, good for N.E.where I live. I can carry 4 people 5 medium size people, the ride is nice.The Sebring does get good -very good gas milage, surprising,, its a people car. Stereo works wonders, over all good for seniors, families, women, and students. Disadvantages :The car is heavy ,solid, good for safety in a wreck , however Joe Hot Rods needs to stay away from this one,,its a touring car , not the Indy 500 COP blow out turbo tornado. Also bad on repairs ---once over 100k,, you need to rebuild the car , all the way , use Nappa parts ,its a wise move. Chrysler does not make cars for long lasting , every Chrysler product gobbles parts , the convertible is some what better than the rest of the line, but expect to put $$$ in. Best bet, buy form a dealer with a warrantee or Joe Mechanic, that basically kept the car up. Happy touring .. oh the AC,,heating system is excellent ,even with the top down!

See America from a convertable.
By Kelly

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car when it was 3 years old with 30K miles. I've had it now 11 years and put 50K more miles on it. Extremely low maintenance. I would not be sceptical to head out on a nice long vacation in it, as is. Very enjoyable to own.

Bittersweet
By car_guy_93

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Sebring earlier this year, and fell in love immediately...that was until I began to have issues. Whole front end shot out, replaced axle assembly and ball joints, $750. the previous owners were older, had it dealer serviced regularly. I recently had to get rid of my Sebring because the timing chains went, screwing up the entire engine. My mechanic told me I'd need a rebuild or replacement, $2900 at least. Not worth it on a 9 year old car with 120k. Loved the car, still kills me I had to get rid of it. But I do not miss the headaches and stress, this car is a total bad buy. I now have a '09 Sentra,while I'll always miss my loaded convertible, I feel a lot safer now.

Loaded with options, spoiling options. Automatic tinting review mirror, power heated leather seats, CD changer, fog lights, black on black. good pick-up, not horrible gas mileage (i averaged 22 mpg) for an older V6, ridiculously attractive.

Engine, reliability, sturdiness, parts are expensive/harder to find. Mechanically this is not a good car remotely. Its good for what it is, a nice convertible that is attractive and somewhat affordable. That is it.

Love my car
By BARBARA

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had this car for 8 years and it now has 158,000 miles. Ran fine until now. I guess it's because of old age/mileage. Now I'm having problems with antifreeze leaking and sometime overheating. I replaced the water pump and thermostat and thermostat housing. All this in a year's time. Still having overheating and antifreeze leaking issues. I hope it can be fixed but it is now starting to nickle and dime me. I guess I can't complain since it never gave me a problem until 2007. But hey, look at my mileage. I love this car and enjoyed it. I just hate to part with it.