Used 2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews

Used 300 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...41

Pros
Cons

#1

Shane Ellingson, 10/07/2006
4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have loved every aspect of my 300, Wouldn't choose another car in it's price range!!!!

Great value

kgus, 11/08/2010
C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 300 C three years ago as a "new"2006. Plan to trade it next week for a "new 2010". I'm getting the same vehicle with a few more options and AWD (I live in the Snowbelt). I've owned Cadillacs in the past and they don't have anything on the 300C. Tires were worn out at 44000, other than that, have had NO problems...never been in the shop but for routine maintenance. Gets 25 mpg on the interstate at 65mph. The fact that I'm buying another should say enough.

Amazing vehicle

beniciajoe, 05/07/2015
Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a new Chrysler 300 Touring in Feb 2006, putting 120,000 miles on the vehicle in about four years. The only maintenance required was routine (oil changes, transmission flush, replacement spark plugs...). Amazingly, at 120,000 miles the car still had the original brake pads with 40% of the pad remaining. I've never had a vehicle this reliable, and have nothing but praise for Chrysler's build quality. Ride was quiet and smooth, but also nicely balanced through the corners, making it as pleasurable on a back road as on the highway. I averaged slightly over 24 mpg on the highway at a steady 80 mph. I later 'upgraded' to a 2010 300C, but found the Touring to be better balanced.

232k miles and running - Great car

tigers4, 09/16/2014
Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Amazing quality and reliability for me. No real issues until about 225k miles except replaced tie rods a couple times (partially due to crappy roads) and had one issue with it being stuck in park. Never even replaced battery but I drive a lot of hwy miles. Since 225 k, I had the brake and rotors replaced (2nd time for rotor) and since then, the ABS and EAS lights have been on and as result lost cruse control. Passenger door open from inside issues. Power steering is a little stiff on occasion. Engine light is on. Still drives fine though. Body is in Great condition, one tiny spot of rust that just surfaced (live in Michigan) and a few scratches. I got my moneys worth in this car!

Love Hate Relationship!

limopaul, 07/17/2013
SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Loved this car from the day I drove it home. One owner black beauty only mod was a K&N drop in filter and I added a Borla exhaust system. Hella fast and fun to drive. Well maintained and garage kept, used as a Livery sedan and purchased with about 93k miles. Replaced front strut assemblies and wheel bearings (pricey). Car is nose heavy by design. All went well without any issues until cruising in the fast lane at about 70mph Engine lost power without warning, barely made it off of freeway and car had died at the offramp. Stranded with clients in car 85 miles from home! Broken valve spring, bent valve and pushrod, Had heads redone and with tow bill about a $2500 breakdown. Sold it

All about power!

dan, 01/04/2007
SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The SRT 8 is one wild ride....loads of power and torque. Not for everyone but if you like raw power, you will love one of these Mopar SRT 8's.

Great Sport Sedan

tmike3, 06/04/2010
C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased with 56k miles. First car purchased in 22 years. Previously had SUVs and a pickup. This car is fantastic! Commute 60 miles per day and have had zero problems. The AWD is great! Had more snow than usual this winter and it handled great. The HEMI has more than enough power for this heavy car. Mileage is not bad on the highway. (20-22 mpg) Tons of room inside and in the truck.

Great looks, great drive

sahr, 08/28/2012
Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used this year. Car is 2006. Drives really nice, suspension is a tad stiff for my liking but I live down a dirt road, performs great on the highway. The 3.5L engine has enough power to push the car without feeling sluggish, but the SRT-8 would be much more fun for a speed junkie such as myself. Love the way the engine sounds when put to the floor. Gets between 16-19MPG city and 25-27 MPG hwy.

Disappointed

kcomstock, 04/11/2011
Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The tires didn't last very long. I hate the cruise control! Very disappointed that my car worked great, and then stranded me. I find out that me along with 25,000k other owners have been stuck because car gets stuck in "Park" due to cheap plastic pin part not made from aluminum. Chrysler won't do a recall. I would like to know who to complain to. It has cost me work time. Very unexpected to have your car work perfectly then just not work at all. I'm glad my college son did not take it as we discussed for his college admit day. He would have been stuck hours away from home. Chrysler wants to charge $500 for parts/labor for their mistake. They keep this in stock because of so many!

GREAT CAR SO FAR

viko1, 08/05/2014
4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am the second owner. It had 40k miles on it when I bought my car. Now it has 112k , and only problem I had was the EGR valve around 85k miles....I had to get it replaced and the problem is fixed. Its not the best luxury car nor has the best performance. But you get what you pay for and it does the work. My friend thinks that it is better than BMW 335 xDrive, for the long highway trips..you go figure...If you take care of your car it will not fail or break ...IMHO American made cars are more reliable than the European cars...plus the money you spend at the mechanic/dealer is always less if you go for the American...be smart if you don't have a million...

12345...41