Used 2019 Chevrolet Trax Consumer Reviews

Used Trax for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

LOVE MY TRAX

Marilyn Waters, 11/06/2019
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The TRAX has turned out to be a perfect vehicle for us. Easy to get in and out (no more deep knee bends), has all the bells and whistles we love (backup camera, easy access dashboard features and easy to read), good gas mileage and comfortable seats. A dream to drive!!!

Hostile Ergonomics

Steve, 11/04/2020
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car may have a bumpy and jerky ride thanks to a transmission that doesn't know what gear to select, but the bad news is that the Chevy Trax is literally painful to drive. The ergonomics are the most dreadful I've ever experienced. I'm 5'9" tall, and when I'm sitting comfortably in the driver's seat, (I use the word "comfortably" with a grain of salt as the seat is neither supportive nor well-bolstered) the screen isn't quite out of reach, but I do have to stretch - or lean - just enough that it's very annoying to reach the infotainment system. The sun visors are far too high to cover my eyes at all in front, and when I swing it to the side in case the sun is shining in through the driver's side door window, the visor doesn't even reach my face. And of course, it doesn't slide. Chevy may as well not have even included it. But the fun doesn't end there. The center console blocks my knee perfectly, and it's unpadded, hard plastic construction guarantees discomfort every time my knee hits it, which is every time I drive. In addition, the armrest feels like it's trying to slip between my ribs when it's down. It's far too close to my body to comfortably rest my arm on it, and too narrow to be comfortable, even if I could. I suppose I could go on, but I'll just finish with this: The rearview camera's resolution looks like 90's era web cam

Subpar parts

GoodnightGoodnight , 07/23/2019
LS 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2018 Trax with 39,000 miles. It’s 16 months old. AC compressor is bad. The dealership wanted $1600 to fix. No thanks. I’ll buy a Hyundai next time. GM doesn’t seem to think very highly of it’s components if they will not warranty a part 3000 miles out of warranty. Avoid at all cost.

Love my trax awd lt

Sherry, 01/12/2020
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Best SUV I've owned ..kids are grown and moved out just me and hubby I love love this suv

WAY BETTER THAN MY 2013 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE

Chevy Enthusiast, 06/17/2019
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The beetle was way faster with 170 HP than my 2019 Trax, way more responsive but those are things I don't miss at all, the trax has better driving position much better equipment super soft suspension the only thing I miss of my Beetle was the CD but now im getting use to Spotify the entertainment in LT trax is awesome the phone works perfect with the wheel controls bigger space in the trunk the same 18" wheels very happy and im driving chevy no honda or toyota that's a plus I I try the volkswagen Tiguan $24,000 first , about the same price car I didnt get the credit lots and lots of papers they ask for, in chevy I get the credit same day with no problems at the end the car is no that fast a litle chipper $19,000 better equipped the entertainment in volkswagen is pretty bad .. I save some money and happy.. now my brand is chevy no more Volkswagen EVER !!

12345...7