Used 2019 Chevrolet Trax Consumer Reviews

12345...7

Pros
Cons

Patricia Alexander, 09/06/2020
LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Recently my son was driving my Trax and was ran off the road flipping over. The Trax is a total loss, but my son crawled out of the Trax with minor injuries just sore. Thank the Lord. When everything is settled with the insurance we will be buying another Trax. I am happy with all the safety features.

Chev Trax very costly repairs at 37,000 miles

Sherry , 10/13/2020
LS 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Owned a 2015 Chev Trax soon after bumper to bumper wore off required $7,000 repairs to turbo and AC despite getting all maintenance done on time. Then right after power train Warrenty ran out transmission went. Traded in with a $8,000 loss. Got a 2019 Trax same thing happened. AC started having problems at 20,000 miles. Chev kept saying it’s normal for AC to shut off after car had been driven for over a half hour. AC completely went at 35,900 miles. Chev patched the problem. Then at 35,950 miles, the next day after picking up the car for the AC problem, the check engine light came on. Took it to Chev. They “fixed” the turbo. At 37,500 miles check engine light came back on for turbo problem. Chev said it’s over 36,000 miles you have to pay for repairs. Now AC and turbo gave problems and Chev refuses to fix because it’s after warrnety. Trax is a low price pos. It starts to die at 35-36,000 miles. It does not even make it 50,000 miles. Very disappointed. I do not recommend this car. Worst quality car I have ever owned.

Love this

Jess, 07/06/2019
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got this car and feel totally safe and comfortable. Everything works great and the car rides very smooth and quite. Great audio system and very comfortable!

Great Vehicle

Rrd, 11/02/2019
LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Perfect small CUV Highly recommended Have had mine going on 6 months and NOT A SINGLE ISSUE...except the lag in acceleration but that would NOT stop m from buying another one…update, now closer to 2 years…and STILL LOVE my Trax

Basic at best transportation

Bad trade decision, 05/23/2020
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in my 2016 KIA Soul for the 2019 Chevrolet Trax. Upside of the Trax, the 7 inch info screen ( not having to watch the phone screen for navigation is a plus). The phone app for the Trax is a plus as well. Downside, this is a Korean built car with the Chevrolet name badge stuck on it, which I was unaware of until after I had signed the contract. Handling is average, mileage is subpar, and I would hesitate to take a long trip in this. Performance could be better. I would rate the KIA Soul as a better choice for anyone looking for a vehicle in this class. Build quality of the Soul is superior to the Trax, noise levels on the inside are also better in the Soul. Comparing Korean to Korean. I had 36000 trouble free miles on the Soul when it was traded in, a set of tires and oil changes were the only maintenance that had to be done. Let’s see if the Trax can be as dependable.

12345...7