2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Great SUV
By Camran Nassiri

2018 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We have owned an Chevy Equinox and a Silverado pick up truck for many years. I used my pick up to pull my travel trailer and when I did that I was getting 10 MPG out of my 6.0 litre (300 HP) engine. We used our Equinox for traveling and good mileage (about 23 MPG) from a 2.4 4 cylinder engine. Since I bought our 2018 Tahoe I am able to pull my trailer with much more ease and get 17 MPG. We now use our Tahoe for all of our long distance travels and 21.5 MPG; not bad for a V8 355 HP 5.3 litre engine. We are very pleased with the interior, instruments and the comfort of our Tahoe. We test drove number of other SUV's before purchasing the Tahoe, the biggest disappointment was the Toyota Sequoia.

IMPRESSED!
By Luis Pacheco

2018 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My First Chevy, my first car review !I previously owned a 2008 Honda Pilot, special edition. I am impressed with the Tahoe LS. I took a 1600 mile road trip and averaging 23 MPG. For a SUV this size and with a V8 engine, I am impressed. I like to cruise, I'm a cruiser, i don't speed unless I have too, i can dial up the acceleration when needed! The 23 MPG is due to the engine switching from 8 cylinder to 4 cylinder during flat terrain. When i first picked up the vehicle, I noticed the distance from the wheel to the frame was probably about a foot, I thought it was a bit excessive, but how this SUV glides over the roughest roads, I don't notice it anymore, very smooth! It is a very comfortable ride and drive. I pick up my old man and its easy for him to get in and out because of the step and handle. Second row seats are spacious. The third row is really for a kids, but I'm ok with that. Apple play, onstar services available on LS model. Overall, very happy.

New
By SDI

2018 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Good buy... very good mpg compared to my older model..power train warranty

First Chevy in 35 Years!
By Rasmaxwell

2018 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

It has been a long time since I last owned a GM product. After driving the Tahoe, there were a number of things that appealed to me: 1. excellent front seats, 2. very good instrumentation, 3. good quality interior materials, 4. a great highway cruiser and quiet too, and 5. the front/rear/rear cross traffic sensors. I have to be honest though, the standard headlights are awful. During my multiple test drives in the Spring, it was never dark enough for me to evaluate the headlights. There is absolutely no excuse for such poor low beam headlights on such an expensive vehicle. If I don't keep the car for more than a year or two, it will be because of the headlights. Dinged my overall review because of the headlights.

Great performance Excellent value
By Mark

2018 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The 2017 Tahoe is significantly improved over the 2009 Yukon that I previously owned. The engine is powerful, responsive, and very quiet at idle. The handling is excellent, and the most noticeable improvement. Gas mileage is also improved, but like most SUVs greatly dependent on how you drive, and how fast you are driving especially on the highway.