Used 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Tahoe for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2018 Tahoe observations after 2 months

Ken, 01/07/2019
LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned a 99 Yukon, 99 Suburban, 2005 Suburban, and 2013 Tahoe, and all served me well. This has so much great new technology for driving, like blind spot, cross alert traffic when backing up, backup camera (which I have had and enjoyed since I put the first one in my '05 Subby) front collision alert, lane keeping, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, & heated steering wheel, which all came with the luxury option as I recall. It is worth it! I wish they would not make the front seats and backs with the edge bolsters on the new vehicles. It is not as comfortable for sitting as my '05 or '13, and feels narrower. Headlights got low grade because I am shopping to replace the low beam bulbs with ones that give more light and more distance. It is not an easy job since I will have to remove the air filter box on passenger side to get to bulb, but once I find ones that will last a while, (based on reviews) I am doing that upgrade. Now the good news. The wipers cannot be heard while running which is a great update. Maybe better soundproofing in the glass, but appreciated! Quiet ride, handles very well, and great tech options for phone, etc, in 8" display. Multiple displays of your choice in small screen under the speedo are also great. The one problem I am having is loud vibration in back end at low speeds. I actually took it to local Dlrship to see if they had not filled tranny at factory. New tranny oil is clear and heard to read. They said it was OK. I got an appointment to have car looked at, and on the day I went in, after 90 minutes of waiting they told me they knew my problem without bringing it in the shop. Pressure problem in fuel line going from tank is causing loud vibration of the line. Sounds like noisy rear air ride compressor running intermittently, and a lot at low speeds. They had another one just like it with same problem last week. They found TSB #17-NA-304 that explained that fuels lines need replacing. I went yesterday and had the fuel line & fuel hose replaced to fix it, and it now sounds great!. Car has just 2,100 miles. This is my 14 month, @ 13,000 mile update- Jan 2020: There have been no problems with the Tahoe, and it has performed well. I am pleased with my latest large Chevy SUV. I do want to add that the only real safety concern I have is the inability to see to the left and right in the evening, and at an intersection that is not well lit, like my residential neighborhood. The headlights do nothing to cover those areas, especially the right side, where I worry that as I turn right in the dark, I could come upon a pedestrian that I could not see walking. This big rig needs cornering lamps that illuminate when the directional is on to be safe in those situations. Turning on the fog lights helps a bit, but it should not have to be needed to make a turn in darkness. My 2001 Lincoln Town Car had them, and that was 19 years ago!

First Chevy in 35 Years!

Rasmaxwell, 06/19/2018
LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

It has been a long time since I last owned a GM product. After driving the Tahoe, there were a number of things that appealed to me: 1. excellent front seats, 2. very good instrumentation, 3. good quality interior materials, 4. a great highway cruiser and quiet too, and 5. the front/rear/rear cross traffic sensors. I have to be honest though, the standard headlights are awful. During my multiple test drives in the Spring, it was never dark enough for me to evaluate the headlights. There is absolutely no excuse for such poor low beam headlights on such an expensive vehicle. If I don't keep the car for more than a year or two, it will be because of the headlights. Dinged my overall review because of the headlights. Update 12/19/18 - reiterating that the headlights are awful for a vehicle in its price class. Update 6/19/19 - sold the car. Night driving with poor headlights is dangerous. Headlights were abominable. Unbelievably poor headlights for such an expensive vehicle.

Worst new car experience

Dave, 03/14/2019
Premier 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've never had a new vehicle at the dealership for warranty work as much as this junk. Within the first month I had water flowing out of the overhead console due to the antenna leaking. Also the trim piece under the wipers was warped. Both were replaced by the dealership and I was reassured that it wouldn't leak again. Four months later and both issues were back and repaired. Eight months in and the 10 speed transmission is acting up as well as the parking sensors, blind spot monitoring and theft deterrent systems going haywire. This is definitely my last new GM purchase and I look forward to the lease ending.

The Tahoe should be called a financial mistake

sam, 09/06/2019
Premier 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We bought our Tahoe brand new the cream of the crop with a $70,000 price tag! 6.2 engine 10 speed transmission we thought we could go fast and love it, at first we did! We bought it in May I could roll the window down and feel the breeze, than June hits its hot in that sucker. I crank up the a/c it seemingly gets hotter in that sucker! I called the dealer they look into it oops they forgot to put refrigerant in it. Simple fix things are going good and cooling down. One day I open the back door and the seal falls off, just falls the eff off! Kill me who "forgot" the clips on the door seal?! Chevrolet did, that's who. Next thing I know 2 body bolts have wore holes in the carpet. Help me Jesus I'm getting frustrated but the local dealer gets it fixed for me. We go a solid 5 months no problems we fall back in love with a $70,000 mistake. Than it happens I back out of the drive I'm on the road put it in drive and NOTHING happens I calmly shift to neutral and try again and BOOM it slams into drive with a big thud and i eat the steering wheel. I start to panic that maybe that did not just happen and I'm crazy. I gather some witness to confirm I'm not crazy, no indeed I am not. Chevrolet thinks I'm crazy it "never" happened to them but it happens to me 5 plus times a week. This sadly will be my last Chevy product, I can buy the same [non-permissible content removed] quality for half the money going with another manufacture. If you have $70,000 to blow the new Tahoe is a great choice!

Great performance Excellent value

Mark, 04/15/2018
LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The 2017 Tahoe is significantly improved over the 2009 Yukon that I previously owned. The engine is powerful, responsive, and very quiet at idle. The handling is excellent, and the most noticeable improvement. Gas mileage is also improved, but like most SUVs greatly dependent on how you drive, and how fast you are driving especially on the highway.