Used 2015 Chevrolet Spark EV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Spark EV model:

Reduce your CO2 emissions by 3/4 and save money
By Al Poplawsky

2015 Chevrolet Spark EV 1LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

This car is all electric and is rated at an 82 mile range before you have to re-charge. Even though it is equipped with DC quick charge capability (80% charge in 20 minutes) with this range it is still a city car. If you live where there is winter, the range drops in cold weather but then climbs back up in the Spring. When it was highs of 20-30F here for a few weeks the range got down to 51 miles. Charging with your standard 120v outlet in your garage at the 12 amp setting takes about 12 hr. You can cut that time in half or better by buying a 240v charger and getting a 240v outlet installed (or using your clothes dryer outlet if convenient). It is rated at 128 mpge, the most efficient production car in the world! Here in the clean power PNW it produces the equivalent pollution (from electrical power plant generation) of a 95 mpg gas car (UCS study). Compared to a 25 mpg gas car at $2.80/gallon for gas, and with PNW electric rates it also saves you over $1000 for every 10,000 miles driven in fuel costs. Maintenance costs are miniscule compared to a gas car, check a few fluids and tire pressure, and go for 10s of thousands miles. There's nothing else in the maintenance schedule! The regenerative brakes do most of the braking so disc brakes last forever. 140 hp and 400 ft/lbs torque - faster than any of my gas cars. 8yr, 100,000 mile warranty on the battery and electrical components. The battery has proven very long lasting - no worries. Every family should have one as a 2nd car for commuting.

Most fun I've ever had with a car
By Rayburn Thomas

2015 Chevrolet Spark EV 2LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I leased my car 1 year ago and still love it. I've said for some time that my only regret is that I only got one of them. So, about a month ago I got 2 more, one for my wife and one for my daughter, and they both love them too. My only complaint is that it has too much power and you can get into trouble if you aren't careful. It rides okay for a small car, but not great like a long heavy car. The range is much more than I normally need (up to about 100 miles) and I do have a gas powered vehicle for longer trips, but it rarely gets used now. The cost of the electricity is about 2 cents per mile.

Little Dynamo!
By Omar

2015 Chevrolet Spark EV 1LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

You can't beat the performance of this car for the price. Especially if you live in CA where you can get an extra $2500 rebate. I love the acceleration on this thing and the instant torque. I must say it encourages aggressive driving because you know you have the power on tap to pass others where you couldn't with your typical Corolla/Civic/Sentra.

The interior screams budget car, but it feels surprisingly spacious for the front passengers given its claustrophobic appearance from the outside. The car stands tall so it gives you the feeling of being in a small SUV. I like how it gives great forward visibility (rear visibility is pretty lousy though due to the large rear pillars and it's too bad it doesn't have a rear view camera).

A whole lot of fun!
By TJ

2015 Chevrolet Spark EV 1LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Just pick up our leased Spark 1LT EV for my daughter $119/39 mo lease absolutely zero down ....I think I pay more for our phones...
It's our first EV and we are loving it. We already stuck 5 people in it to see if it could handle the load, not bad at all. The price is outstanding for what you get and it's perfect for out situation, about 20 miles round trip per day. Nothing to shout about in terms of comfort compared to other vehicles but did I mentioned the price.... We have purchased new or nearly new vehicles in the past and tend to keep them for a long time. It was a surprise to find so much tech in this car compared to our existing vehicles (2000 & 2003). For us, it was purely a tech play on the lease, because I figure that the mileage will double in three years like it has in the past three years. So in three years if most of the EV's are pushing 200 miles than we might buy one and keep it for a longer time. In the mean time my kids get to start off their driving experience in a zero emissions car and hopefully will stay with EV's their whole life.

I loved my spark.....until
By T.C.

2015 Chevrolet Spark EV 1LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

The car is great once you get the hang of managing the charge. I get about 80-90 miles per full charge. It is cute and zippy, pickup is fine, love parking the tiny thing, and like the Tardis it is bigger on the inside than on the outside. But don't take it to the drive in, just saying, I did and it is not quite up to the task.
The lease price was great and I also got a rebate which is way awesome. Driving in the HOV lane is great too. HOWEVER. Somehow after only 4 months a tire blew and now for 3 weeks I have been unable to get a replacement tire. Apparently the tires are very special, and the manufacturer hadn't planned on making any more, and they can't get any for 4 months, at least that is what the dealer says, which sounds crazy to me. I went online and bought a tire and am waiting for it to arrive. Thankfully I hadn't gotten rid of my gas guzzler! I also was offered a free home charger but since then, months ago, I haven't gotten it and no one responds to my emails.
Service departments of dealers don't know much about these cars and don't always want to. No one else knows anything at all. I hope this won't be a problem as the car ages. It's not a good deal if you can't use it!