Used 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Eats transmissions
By UNIT 10 Ray

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have ad 3 Chevy trucks. The last 2 I replaced transmissions in at about 100K.. This 2013 LTZ 1500 was purchased new and I have put 2 transmissions in it so fay. 3 other GM/Chevy products were also owned. I am in the public safety profession and this will be the last Chevy/GM product I will own. I may have to revert to Nissan, Toyota, Ford or Dodge for my next purchase. I have associates with Chevy/GM products and have either went to Ford or Dodge, due to the unreliability of the 6 speed transmissions. They all have had to replace their tranny's I even been looking into pre-purchase a Transmission and have it here at my shop, because I know it's going to fail.

Love my truck
By Bruce F

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Having the 2013 model, the rear doors can only be opened after the front doors are open. Only thing that went bad so far is the oil pressure gauge stopped working. Dealer worked with Chevrolet and got a great repair price for me.

Computor diagnostic
By Billy T

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Always ask for dealer diagnostic test copy. In some cases they simply clear codes to sell the vehicle, without fixing anything that caused the code error. I did not even get home with my truck and the engine light came on, took it to my mechanic he tested it and 10 codes had been cleared. So took the truck back and got my money back.

Right Truck , For the right Time. Great job. GM.
By Richard Riviezzo

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Easy to drive, & getting in & out.. Great MPG. Min Service @ GM Dealer. No Issues ever. Nice features for today's driving. Comfortable on Trips, & Quiet .

Fleet purchase
By Nick Falletta

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 5 at one time. Chevy has a great program and this truck has done very well for us. Currently all 5 have 100K or more and we will look at Silverados again this year for fleet replacement.