Used 2001 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

LS 4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic 4.6 ft. Bed - (18 reviews )

dependablility
By Louis Mendetta

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has given us years of dependability and assurance that we have come to appreciate. It is a work horse that I would recommend to anyone looking to purchase a used vehicle.

COST ME LOTS OF $$ TO KEEP RUNNING
By Chris

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The 4.3L V6 engine never gave me any issues...I loved it. However after hitting the 70,000 mile mark, everything started going wrong. Most expensive was the tranny replacement. It became one thing after another... radiator, drive train seals, fuel pump, heater core, etc. I sunk $6,000 into the thing over a two year period. I am a "normal average" driver. I never abused the truck and only took it off-road twice. I traded it in just after rolling 99,000 on the odometer. My sincere condolences to the new owner.

good luck with this truck
By judyh66

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck was a money pit. Check engine light tortured me daily. I spent so much money (thousands) of dollars trying to get rid of this light. Then the abs light and brake light came on and lit up my dash for 3 yrs.
Nobody could fix it. They would turn off the light with their machines and I would drive around the block and theres the lights right back on. After 18k I traded it in for 4k and just got the nightmare out of my life. Will never buy another one.

I loved the look

Proud of my S10
By Nebby58

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this S10 recently. This is my first car and I am very pleased so far. I was one of those teenagers that thought they wanted a really exotic car like a Mitsubishi eclipse. If you are shopping for a first car definitely look at these. There are tons of them around and you can get a great deal on them.

Very fun to drive

5th S-10
By Dale

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Like the crew-cab. good towing vehicle. I tow my 20 ft car hauler and 2800 lb race truck no problems. Once thing that helps this truck out with any cooling issues and power loss is to purchase a complete cooling fan system for a 98-02 camaro or firebird and install. take the belt driven fan clutch system off and drop the fans in and by an aftermarket thermostat controls. My works fine and I've gained several hp doing so. This truck has 352,222 miles on it and it still runs good. no internal work to engine at all or really any other work done besides maintenance. She getting a little weak now but she's been run really hard. Driving till she dies

crew cab, 4 wheel drive, still a nice interior design