Used 1999 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews

Used S-10 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Favorite truck

uncle dave, 06/08/2010

Bought with 89k miles on it. Now pushing 128. Only problems other than general maint. were universal joint at 110k and tps at 127k.Have had more people comment on this truck than my BMW.With 4 cyl. it's no hot rod, but it gets me to work every day without fail and averages 21-22 mpg around town. Will drive it till it dies or I do.

A nice truck for the money

e8retired91, 07/20/2002

I owned this truck for 35 months and never had a mechanical problem, rattle, or anything...period. It looks sharp and gets considerable attention from young folks. However, because the suspension is lowered 2 inches from the factory and comes with wide (235) tire it does ride rough even for a truck. The 4.3L, 180HP V-6 has a fair amount of power but it's not a drag racer; it's more like a boulevard cruiser. The extended cab is a nice feature with the 3rd door, but don't expect anybody to sit back there for very long...just use it to stow your stuff. This truck doesn't pretend to be anything but a minimal factory custom and I enjoyed it for a few years.

Little truck that could

Ridinforever, 05/30/2010

I have abused this truck with off-roading, burnouts and aggressive street use, hauling up to 1700 lbs and towing 5000 lb trailers. I have 165k and stills runs the same as when I got it. I only changed out the seats cause those were the worst things that came with the truck. I am glad I bought this truck.

2 cents worth

BriD, 03/16/2007

Five yrs owned, have been super pleased with reliability and comfort. Well over 100k now and only cat cvtr. and TPS sensor replaced. Gets 19/26 real-world mpg. 4cyl gets you up to speed if you rev it high enough. Would definitely look for V6 if you plan any hauling or commute using freeways. Ride is rough with ZQ8 suspension and doesn't really give you above and beyond cornering abilities. Softer shocks help if you don't mind the more freqent bottom outs. Cabin:spacious. I'm well over 6ft/200# with plenty of headroom and side room. Ergonomics good. Minor knock: spark plug wires a headache to change. Overall:Unique look, sharp but basic truck with outside speedy look.

S10 - Midsize Dream Truck

abottorf, 04/28/2003

I've always wanted a Chevy. I haven't been disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against my Ranger, its a sharp truck. But the S10 is built like a tank but rides like a car. I love it!

12345...9