2017 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Look at why KBB rates this #1 Get the V6
By spent

2017 Chevrolet Impala Premier 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Don't get the 4 cylinder. You will love getting out into traffic with 300+ HP, that does 0-60 in 6 sec, and has a manual on-the-fly shift from manual to automatic. What do you really want in a car? Take your eyes off fuel mileage for a moment, and consider a roomy, quiet spacious, luxurious ride where you can have a conversation with your loved ones; great handling and braking, and the controls are simple. Don't get navigation or sun roof - better without them and a nice Garmin. The Avalon is a little tighter in the steering, and has sport mode, but does not have the power - and it is double the price.

Bad dash design
By Jim

2017 Chevrolet Impala Premier 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

You can see the design and the stitching in the windshield certain times during the day time and it can make you car sick. We only have 2000 mi. On the car and we are read to get rid of it. Poor design by GM.

FOM Car
By Ron Hinckley

2017 Chevrolet Impala Premier 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This Fat Old Man (FOM) searched online for cars for seniors with large frames (person not the car) and the Impala Premier came up regularly as the only American car that rated high in this unique category. I went and test drove the car. First test was my 6' 300 lb frame getting into the car. It passed with flying colors. Head room, leg room were great. Shoulder space was great, too. The sales rep, only slightly smaller, fit easily into the back seat. (I test drove the equivalent Buick; it did not pass.) Handling on the very rainy day was solid. Safety features, another senior requirement, were good. The lane monitoring system worked well, notifying me of my slipping too far right or left of my lane before (this is the important part) my wife could notify me in the old fashion way. Front collision warning worked, rear backup camera instantly on and covered wide area. The color, black, was negative for me so I held out for my color of choice, tinsel red. Dealer had to trade with another dealer 400 miles away to get me what I wanted. Also, some "extras" such as sun/moon roofs not really on FOM need list so opted out of these as too costly. All weather mats not really worth $1,599 listed on sticker so rejected these. When the car arrived it was really breath taking. I looked real good, even better than the black with all the extras. Potential clients looking for their own cars stopped, stared, and commented on how good looking the car was. These comments have continued in mall parking lots, at church, and even when our grown children have seen it. People, including us, actually like how this Chevy looks and say so. The leather interior with special stitching also gets very complimentary comments. Within days of buying the car we drove 300 miles to our grandchildren's place in very comfortable style. Acceleration was great when needed. Entertainment choices were good. Controls on steering wheel were easy to work. In all, I love this car and I only saw cars as a means to get around before this, including the Cadillac my wife drives. The price paid includes taxes, tags, dealer prep, etc.

Knocked it out of the park
By Moochie

2017 Chevrolet Impala Premier 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

What an awesome car just love every thing about it

The blue knight
By Leonard Cianciotto

2017 Chevrolet Impala Premier 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car is beautiful and performs perfectly. I get many compliments on its looks and performance.