Used 2012 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

2012 Chevy review
By Jim hall

Great car

The Impala comes alive
By Hawky

2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have to say, I have owned a few cars in my life and finally Chevy does something about making their cars great again. At one time, they were one of the best American made cars to own. But since the Asian auto makers came to America and brought their brilliant idea to the industry, its been hard to compete. Once again they have made a car that can compete, but will still need more improvements to their designs and develop a flawless design,or they will always be the underdog to the Asian market. As you all know, a Toyota engine and transmission can run forever, as long as there is oil, and with little maintenance. The engines are know to run up to 300 plus hundred thousand miles if kept maintained. This has been one of the American auto makers problems, most of the engines only last a couple of hundred thousand miles, and thats if its been well kept and built. I hope they will continue on their bettering of their cars, so we can continue buying them.

2012 Impala 6 speed transmission
By Steve DeWilde

2012 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

AI understand that this is the first year for the 6 speed transmission. I am getting th transmission changed because something is wrong with the differential. I bought the car with 3800 miles on it as a salvage vehicle, it now has 60,000. I have always had full confidence in the GM line of vehicles, and still maintain this confidence. If you notice any excessive noise in the vehicle or shifting problems, especially at lower street driving speeds, this is what led me to get mine checked out. I would still buy a GM vehicle. I just wanted to let the public know that the new 6 speed transmission for 2012 had some problems to work out.

Preferred Alternative to Overrated Foreign Vehicle
By AO Schoenitz

2012 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned countless SAABS, Volvos, BMWs and AUDI's and have to tip my hat that American engineers can make a much more reliable vehicle than what comes out of the factories of the before mentioned manufacturers. Agreed that one can not compare the interior of the Impala to a European mfg in terms of style but the trade off is being good friends with your owners manual to keep up with the Service requirements that will bankrupt you at the end of the day. This is the second Impala owned and was extremely impressed overall. Handling, reliability, Bluetooth, Steering Wheel Controls, MPG's and Reliability is way above avg. Aside from cheap aspects of the interior the only other gripe is the new transmission can feel sluggish at times v. the previous 4 speed. The MPG's are still honorable for the size vehicle but the updated transmission lacks the ooomph of the previous model. The vehicle is highly recommended. Its virtually impossible for you to spend the sort of money on this vehicle v. the European vehicle that require the most demanding attention to you wallet.

Loved my Impala
By Kristi

2012 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My impala was an excellent choice for me. Kept me safe, always reliable, fun to drive and affordable. I had no problems with my Impala. I owed a 2012 for 6 years. I will miss it and will definitely buy another. Love American made!