Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Impala for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

2001 Impala

tkid, 04/06/2008

Car has been basicaly trouble free. Excelent fuel economy ar about 25 in daily non interstate driving and 32 highway. Primary problems are soft wheel rims and brake rotors.

Not overly satisfied!

jay, 05/14/2008

My wife purchased this vehicle three years ago and is still paying it off. This car has had numerous problems from the electrical wiring (turn signals did not work due to wiring issue), Power window button/ switch has problems and has been seen by three different mechanics and the problem has still not been diagnosed. Check engine light will come on and off periodically, carpet near the passenger side door is pulling apart from the seam, exhaust has had small leaks, brakes need to be replaced constantly, not great on gas, runs poor when driving up hill. This car has 130K miles, and is still running therefore if you don't mind occassional trips to the garage, this car may last long.

Overall good car with some issues

chicagodriver, 05/23/2008

I've had this care for almost 3 years now. I bought it with 44k on it and now have 90 on it. Ive had a few problems with it but most were solved by the dealership under warranty so it didn't cost me a thing. I have noticed that a lot of other people have had problems with the turn signals and I got it fixed no prob. I guess its a faulty hazard switch that ties into the turn signals. It was a cheap fix. I have had to have the rotors and brake pads replaced. Also replaced both front control arms which was expensive. other than that the ride is smooth, good pep, good styling, decent fuel economy, lots of space and its a comfortable ride. The problems I've had I blame on it being outside 365.

Awsome

Kyle, 05/23/2008

I love this car, its fun to drive, gets good mpgs: 21/32. It's huge and this car is a tank. Has been through a lot, got hit from a someone who blew a stop sign going 35 and my car only had 6400 worth of damage the other car lost badly. It's fun to drive. I'm 18 so I like the gas pedal. You can take turns fast and when you put the pedal to the floor it goes right away. Only complaint is that the abs light keeps on coming on, and I wish it had more hp. Also it's my summer work car and it holds 1500 lbs in the trunk with no problems. I will only buy a GM. I wish that they would actually put real bumpers on sedans instead of plastic tho. Metal is harder to dent, but with plastic you can pop it right out

Looks are deceiving

Rana, 04/02/2002

Don't buy a vehicle on looks only. Yes it may be a sharp looking vehicle but what is really underneath it all? A load full of problems. I have a 2001 Impala with more problems than one person can handle. Realiable huh! Realiable to get you stranded on the side of the road! Beware and do more homework than I did!