Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

$6,995

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Poor reliability

Ltolch, 06/06/2003

This car has had coolant problems, two transmission rebuilds and warped rotors; all within two years and 38,000 miles of easy city and highway driving.

I like it.... Impala LS 3.8L

TexasDriver, 01/15/2003

I drive a lot of miles... I'm retiring my Suburban with 327K miles from daily use. So when I went looking for vehicles, SUV's were first on the list. With the current political situation and the potential for rising gas prices, I looked at the Impala. Primarily for fuel mileage, but also because it has a roomy interior. I purchased this car with 37.4K miles on it. I'm averaging 28+ mpg, at about a 70/30 highway/city mix. There is no indication of the car's age in performance, appearance, or operation. It's a very comfortable cruiser with ample room for 5 adults. The trunk is huge. I miss my Sub, but not at the gas pump.

Hard not to buy another one!

Best Car ever, 03/26/2008

Purchased this car new, just turned 170,000 miles on it! One major repair during this time which was normal wear other than that just had a problem with the sensor in the wheel for traction control which can be disengaged. This car has been wonderful. I am in sales and drive every day and then it's the family car on the weekends with two kids and the dog. It's comfy for us and afforable. I'm looking at getting a new car, figure it's about time but can't bare to even think of trading this one in as it's still going strong and while I would like something different just for a change, it's hard not to buy another Impala since this has been so great. Oh, got the bigger V-6, sales rep suggested.

18 Months in

Al Sultze, 03/22/2002

All systems work well. Much better all 'round vehicle than competition; i.e. Camry,etc., etc.

18 Months in