Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

$6,995

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Poor Performance Impala

kj123abc, 04/13/2003

When my husband and I found out we were expecting our first child, we decided to purchase an Impala LS for reliability. What a poor choice we made. It had to be towed for problems twice within the first six months, and it has been nothing but trouble ever since. Both the coolant system and the electronic system had multiple problems. Chevrolet has not stood behind the product at all. This is my first and last Chevrolet.

Poor Quality and Service

Masters, 04/22/2003

This car has been nothing but problems, thank goodness for extended warranty. I'm looking forward to the day that I sell this car.

Junk

alan, 06/30/2007

I bought this car because of the low gas mileage for this size car. It is a comfortable 6 passenger car. But you never know when you may have to walk. The 3.4 has defective intake gaskets which I have replaced. The signal light blinkers are defective. The brake rotors are defective. I have another problem with engine misfire now. This car is the most unreliable car I have ever owned.

Would buy another one

Far North, 09/13/2007

Purchased this car in 2005 with about 100,000. Have 133,000 on it now. Haven't any major problems. Gets great gas mileage for a large sedan and the motor runs smooth. Lots of room for a tall guy. Only complaints are some funky electrical problems. The turn signals work intermittently and the power window switches had to be replaced.

Get your rotors checked

Chevy fan?, 05/01/2003

This car looks,drives and performs great. However, the trips for warrenty work are killing me. The brake rotors are just one item. The brake pedel was pulsating starting at 30K and all 4 rotors were replaced at 34K. there is a technical bullitin out that the rotors are covered under the bumper to bumper warrenty. Don't let them talk you into "turning" them. At 19K miles the air conditioning required repair. First new GM product I've owned, see the additional items for warrenty, makes me want to go out and get another one. Lets see, steering shaft, broken motor mount, cracked gage glass, faulty trunk light switch.