Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

$6,995

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Never Again

FW, 02/22/2006

Console displays occasionally do not light up. Dealer never could find problem. Remote entry system stopped working. Was out of warranty, cost about $600 to fix. Shortly thereafter car would not start. When ignition key was turned there was absolutely no response. If you messed with the shift lever and ignition key for a while it would finally start. Another $600 to replace ignition switch and some sensors. Traction control light comes on for no reason. Dealer can't find cause. Electrical/computer system very unreliable. Lots of road noise, very poor sound insulation. Just traded it in for a Ford. I'm done with GM.

Watch out for the tranny!

PorscheMom, 09/01/2006

Bought it used w/ 26K on the odometer. I do a lot of driving, now has 65K on it. Overall, it's been a decent purchase considering the price (about $10K). Two major problems though. A bad fuel injector at 34K, and bad tranny at 38K. Both under warranty. Dealership was great about both repairs. Ride is a little rough if you are used to a larger sedan or wagon. Definitely not a road trip car. Front seats are a bit too contoured for my taste. Back seat has tons of space. Could easily fit 3 car seats, so don't discount it if you have kids. Huge trunk. Good fuel economy, attractive styling, better than the new ones, IMHO.

Great Car for the money.

Eddie Davis, 12/24/2006

We have a 2001 Impala LS with the 3.8 V6. It's a great engine. Very peppy for the hills in Tennessee we drive on. The sound system is very high quality other than a speaker rattle in the front passenger door. The only downfall to this car is the turn signals. They only work when they want to and the dealership is no help. They want to charge upwards of $500 to fix something that should be recalled by GM since I know of at least 10 other Impala and Monte Carlo owners with the same problem.The radio also goes out when you turn on the rear defroster. But other than that we've had no problems with our Green Ghost. It's the only high quality vehicle GM has left.

2001 LS

blueeagle65, 04/01/2003

Very happy with our 01 LS. We've had it for two years and have had to do nothing other than routine maint. It gets much better mileage than we expected and we love the huge trunk.

Awesome

samuela, 04/03/2003

My chevy impala is going to be three years old very soon (bought it new), I'm yet to find a single problem with it. The gas milleage is terrific, acceleration is great, very spacious too and drives realy good.