Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

$6,995

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My new car

Barb M, 12/25/2004

This is the first car I've ever owned. It's kind of intimidating at first, but the look and the ride is absolutely georgous.

Best Buy For Your Money

n2914mr, 01/21/2005

I have had a very good experience with this vehicle in the year that I have owned it. The Impala is large enough to accommodate a family, but not too big. Acceleration is good, fuel economy is excellent and overall I would buy this car again. Brake/rotor wear is the only major issue I have had. This car is often compared to Honda/Toyota, yet unfairly dismissed for GM's past quality issues. I have owned both Honda and Toyota and when cost is a factor in your decision you will find the Impala a much better buy for your dollar. GM has made leaps and bounds in closing the QC gap it has faced against its Japanese counterparts. You will be impressed with the caliber of this vehicle.

So So

Impala7, 06/08/2005

My thoughts on this car after having it for 4 years is it's so so. The brake/rotor system is cheesy. Maybe it was built for the Cavalier. The car is noisy on accelerating. Not inpressed with the flooring under the carpet. There's not much pickup when entering a highway or passing. The radio antenna in the window makes for lousy reception on stations 50 miles away. The opening of the trunk for putting things in is too small.

AK

ak, 10/06/2005

When I first looked at it and drove it at the dealership I thought it would be perfect for my first car. Then I took it home and started driving it and find that my fuel guage doesn't work, I have a computer problem, and my sway bar is going out!

What's it worth?

sherian carter, 02/17/2006

This has been the best car I have ever owned. I purchased it after totaling a Buick LeSabre because of the sturdy structure of the car. Gas mileage has been excellent. The only problem I've had was a transmission that was covered by the warranty. I've received compliments on the car over and over again even being 5 years old. If I could replace it I would like to have the same car again.