Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...2021222324...27

Pros
Cons

Problems with rotors

WMM, 05/29/2004
LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We love this car. Other then one MAJOR problem. We have to turn the rotors down about every three months. We replaced them once already at 30,000 miles. I have NEVER had this problem before with any other car. The dealer and corporate wont help. Why would this need to be done every 3-4 months? It is a hassle and the cost is high to do this. Other then that, the car is nice but we would'nt buy it again because of this problem. Even more so since they (Chevy) wont help.

Honda/Toyota may be worth it

Fat Gary, 06/02/2004
4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Be wary of this car. Warrant work will regularly take place and yes, a couple weeks out of warranty soemthing that would never break on a Honda or Toyota will break or require service. Depreciates like a rock. Nice car in form but not in function due to quality issues. Most Impala's (and GM's) have awful Brakes. Problems to expect: Steering, Alignment, Tie Rods, Brakes, AC, Electrical, Computer, Transmission, etc...... I had an Accord before this and it was problem free (only oil changes) for the nearly 50K Miles I had it. I will get a Honda/Toyota and never look back.

Watch the gas gage

jhenry, 06/15/2004
4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used Impala after driving one for my company car. Both the company car and my car had gas gage problems after 50,000 miles. It is a great car (very reliable) except for the gage.

I like it!

bighouse, 06/25/2004
4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Impala, used, last November and have been very pleasantly surprised with the value and performance. We've taken several long trips(NE Ohio to Fla.) and have really enjoyed the spaciousness and comfortable ride.When family comes we have put three cars seats in the back with no problems! Previously owned a Camry and I honestly like this car better. There have been no problems mechanically.

Lemon

Jh1969, 07/02/2004
LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 impala has given me nothing but trouble. Thank god for extended warranties. Too many problems to list

1...2021222324...27