Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...1920212223...27

Pros
Cons

Big Disappointment

Karen, 10/29/2005

Since I bought this car is 2002 I havn't had anything but trouble. The vent/air/heat has never worked on low setting. The check engine light stays on all the time. When this happens, the air doesn't work. I've had this check out several times and no one can figure what is wrong. The catalytic coverter went out while under extended warranty while I was out of town. When I requested that the dealer I bought from pay for repair they refused. GM did refund my money for the repairs but not the rental I had to get. All I want to do is drive this car thru the windows of the dealership and leave it there.

2 times and out

madison, 02/09/2004

We have had 2 new impalas with trouble with both re tire rods breaking both vehicles were in shop within warranty both chipped paint

I'd buy another

Chris, 02/06/2006

The only problems with the '01 LS were related to a set of bad tires. She runs nicely, adequate power even as she approaches 100K miles. Lots of room on the interior and big trunk make it a nice family vehicle. If I were going to buy another American car, I would definitely go with another Impala.

Fairly Happy

schober, 04/15/2004

Our Impala is a decent car, but several problems have plagued us. New tie-rods at 30k (dealer found "problem" during state inspection and replaced under warranty). The rack and pinion was replaced at about 10k due to a loud squeal. The weak Goodyear RS-A tires were replaced after the third one blew out before 30k miles. The instument cluster was replaced at 37k due to a grinding noise in the tach. It's great to drive and the fuel mileage is incredible, over 25 average!! It's a good car, but I wouldn't buy another one.

Buy Japanese

buying Japenese , 08/07/2006

When I saw this car I thought I would get a lot of bang for my buck. What I got was a drain on my wallet. I have put less than 15,000 miles on this car and already replaced exhaust system, transmission sensors and the problem is still not fixed. GM reimbursed me for the exhaust system but only about 60% of the bill and the trany problems are related to the catalytic problems I had but not covered by recall. This car has started to ride very rough and goes through brakes like crazy. Car also shakes and shimmys around 55- 60mph

1...1920212223...27