2018 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

American Vs. The World
By LesZ06

2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 w/1LZ 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)

If you are looking for a V8 that will have you racing from light to light you are on the right page. This car is fast...really fast. I intially owned a 2016 Corvette - M7 Z51. I thought the Z51 wasn’t fast enough and I wanted more horsepower so I purchased a 2018 Corvette A8 Z06. There is a vast difference between the two. While the Z51 is great at acceleration, handling and braking, the Z06 is far superior. In addition to high performance parts, more torque, bigger tires and better handling the Z06 is a totally different ride. From the front splitter to the rear spoiler, the Z06 looks, feels and acts better. The Z06 handles well and the wider tires are like glue on the concrete. However, the Z06 is nothing to play with as it leaves little room for error. I have had instances where the rear tires have started swaying to the right with the slightest of pedal press. Nevertheless, if you are looking for a Sunday driver, this car works for that as well.

Its everything they say it is !
By Justin Fontaine

2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is a world class sports car from GM. Finally a Corvette that I wanted to own. Ever since I saw the C7 on the road a few years ago I was struck by the incredible exterior styling. It is a strikingly beautiful car. The only thing I wondered was could it deliver on performance and engineering to compete with Porsche,Audi and the rest? The answer is YES IT CAN! Say what you will about GM using old push-rod technology in the engine bay but this motor just rocks. Power comes on fast and is always there when you want it and there is plenty off it. The 7 speed manual is very good and as smooth as my old Miata. Short throws and positive engagement every shift. The car handles very well. I did not want the tack goodies that the Z51 or Grand Sport provide. I got the Magnetic ride as an option to help button the car down on spirited rides and makes things a bit plusher when cruising through town. This is a do it all sports car. Yes it has a stigma of being an old guys retirement car but this C7 has changed that perception. It is a real world sports car with Super car type performance for a very reasonable price.

2018 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
By Don McGohan

2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport w/3LT 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is my second Corvette, having owned a 2006 Corvette convertible previously. The improvements made over the years are very noticeable. I bought a Grand Sport because it shares the body of the Z06 but has the engine of the Stingray. At 460 horsepower, believe me, it's plenty powerful! The car tracks while driving like it's on rails. Cornering, straight-line acceleration, overall performance, engine sound - all outstanding! I consider the exterior styling of the C7's to be outstanding (eye of the beholder?). The interior is also beautiful. My car has the 3LT package, which is really luxurious. Chevy offers plenty of options so you can customize your car however you want it. If you're going to spend this much money on a car, I strongly recommending ordering it directly from the factory through your local dealer rather than just buying what you find on the showroom floor. My only negative comment involves rear visibility, which is only average (at best). This could be just applicable to the convertible due to the size of the rear window - the coupe version rear visibility may be better. Of course, the outside visibility is fantastic with the top down!!

Cool car with bells and whistles
By Ben Vi

2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I love this car. Better handling than competition. Light on wallet. Will buy again in future. This is only car worthy to upgrade.

So GM, with a body by Fisher-Price!
By J in CO

2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 w/3LZ 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)

And an interior quality by Mattel. I. e., tacky!