2018 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

A Bad Boy Car
By Carole C

2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is the only high performance car under 150k I had not owned. I made the buying decision based on the lines. This is a bad boy car. Looks so good. Comfort is good. Road noise is certainly there, but is covers by the loud engine. Instruments are easy to operate. It is a low slung car. So you get all that goes with it. The trunk will hold a spinning wheel. Haven’t tried luggage yet. I drive in economy mode so gas mileage is 22- ish. Unless I hot rod, then it drops considerable. I drive pretty conservatively unless I need to show out. Front camera is a great option so as not to hit curbs. I do wish it had lane change assist. It is not a car for everyone. I smile when I see it. And love the way I feel driving it. It is one of those cars that give you a thrill driving.

not for old guys
By bernard lashomb

2018 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport w/1LT 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

sat in one and had to be helped out build one that older people can get out of please

An American supercar that lives up to the hype!
By Daniel

2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 w/2LZ 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)

The Z06 has 650 horsepower that has to be respected. Even with traction control you can fish tail the car, so don't be surprised when you punch the accelerator from a standing start. The car is easy to drive in all conditions with the appropriate driving mode. The front splitter on the ZO6 is low so you'll need to always be mindful of speed bumps in parking lots, parking the car and when entering driveways. This is not a problem as long as you activate the front cameras which is active at low speeds (5mph). I strongly suggest you enroll in the performance driving school at Spring Mountain, NV to learn all about the capabilities of the car. This C7 Corvette is packed with features not found in other high performance cars such as the PerformanceDataRecorder (PDR) that can be used to record your drive with performance data even in valet mode. After a year of trouble free ownership, only scheduled maintenance was required which was covered by the warranty.

American Vs. The World
By LesZ06

2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 w/1LZ 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)

If you are looking for a V8 that will have you racing from light to light you are on the right page. This car is fast...really fast. I intially owned a 2016 Corvette - M7 Z51. I thought the Z51 wasn’t fast enough and I wanted more horsepower so I purchased a 2018 Corvette A8 Z06. There is a vast difference between the two. While the Z51 is great at acceleration, handling and braking, the Z06 is far superior. In addition to high performance parts, more torque, bigger tires and better handling the Z06 is a totally different ride. From the front splitter to the rear spoiler, the Z06 looks, feels and acts better. The Z06 handles well and the wider tires are like glue on the concrete. However, the Z06 is nothing to play with as it leaves little room for error. I have had instances where the rear tires have started swaying to the right with the slightest of pedal press. Nevertheless, if you are looking for a Sunday driver, this car works for that as well.

Its everything they say it is !
By Justin Fontaine

2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is a world class sports car from GM. Finally a Corvette that I wanted to own. Ever since I saw the C7 on the road a few years ago I was struck by the incredible exterior styling. It is a strikingly beautiful car. The only thing I wondered was could it deliver on performance and engineering to compete with Porsche,Audi and the rest? The answer is YES IT CAN! Say what you will about GM using old push-rod technology in the engine bay but this motor just rocks. Power comes on fast and is always there when you want it and there is plenty off it. The 7 speed manual is very good and as smooth as my old Miata. Short throws and positive engagement every shift. The car handles very well. I did not want the tack goodies that the Z51 or Grand Sport provide. I got the Magnetic ride as an option to help button the car down on spirited rides and makes things a bit plusher when cruising through town. This is a do it all sports car. Yes it has a stigma of being an old guys retirement car but this C7 has changed that perception. It is a real world sports car with Super car type performance for a very reasonable price.