Used 1999 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

6 speed manual convertible
By carguy2021

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I loved this car!
That being said, I had some serious issues.
I bought it with 44k miles, and owned it through 65k miles.
Right away, it was popping out of 6th gear.
Luckily I had an extended warranty.
This required a trans rebuild which was $5-6k.
I had an issue with the steering column lock motor -- it failed, requiring the car to be towed to the dealership.
The welds on the exhaust break over time, requiring repair or replacement.
Other than the problems, the car is smooth, insanely fast, and gets great gas mileage - I got as high as 33 mpg at 70mph.
The stereo is amazing - Bose.

Power, efficiency, styling, interior comfort, BOSE stereo absolutely rocks!

Transmission requiring rebuild at 44k miles?? Maybe build it a little more robustly? Seats feel flimsy and cheap, even if they are comfortable.

C5 ragtop... a dream turned reality
By aC5ragtopforEd

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

For years I drooled over 'Vettes and due to my height (6'8"), I could never fit in one. Then along came the C5 and changed all of that. There it was.. screaming my name out... torch red with oak interior, 6sp, Bose, the works. I've never had a lick of trouble with the car, and its been impeccably maintained for the past 10yrs, never in the rain or snow. Still looks factory fresh. And my plates say it all: LUCKYME

POWER!! and at 10yrs old she's still a mega head-turner!! But then again, any vintage Corvette will always be a head- turner.

Best Corvette I have yet to own
By lonewlf118

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Hardtop Coupe

This is the best Corvette that I have yet to own. I have owned Corvettes all my life and this is the best so far. It is fun to drive, runs great, and has little problems. Yes, it turns heads.

6 speed manual transmission and high performance suspension.

None

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By Dan

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I love this car! I have had no trouble with it mechanically and it gets great gas mileage. Who would have believed? The car is fast and fun to drive! I am completely satisfied with this car!

The engine really performs on 89+ octane and still gets good fuel mileage. I like the headsup display.

Monochromic rearview mirrors. When you are sitting low, you really need them when someone in a truck pulls up behind you with their headlights on. I don't understand why they are not standard on this car.

Highly Recommended
By Steve T.

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Hardtop Coupe

I have owned four Corvettes prior to my 1999 ('60, '63' '77, '89). The 1999 Corvette is by far the best model of them all. Reliability and performance are outstanding; it is comfortable and fun to drive; the fit and finish (both exterior and interior) are laudiable; the cost to own is reasonable; and the resale value is great. Overall it is just an outstanding vehicle!

LS1 engine, bose audio system, automatic trnsmission, accurate DIC, 12 CD factory changer, overall design, exterior and interior fit and finish.

I really can't suggest improvements. The 1999 Corvette is fine as built by Chevrolet and one of the best Corvette model years since 1953.