Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

My 2008 Colorado Crew Cab LT
By Rusty

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

The overall package is outstanding. I have bought my truck almost 8 and a half years ago, USED, and I still have no major issues with it. Just recently, my truck suffered a major collision in the hed when an airborne Honda Accord landed in it along with 2 other vehicles in the parking lot. All vehicles were totaled by insurance company, but mine still runs like new. Did not bend axle, frame, hurt any of the suspension, and even the alignment remained straight. The other cars both suffered frame damage and one even had its tires blow out. Not my truck. In fact, after being totaled, I decided to keep vehicle with salvage title. Has brand new bed and all on it; wouldn't ever think it has been in such a wreck. The Colorado is a tough truck and long lasting exceding my expectations.

Great “little” Truck
By BackBayBubba

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new 2007 and owned for 10 yrs. Made every maintanence schedule and changed oil every 3000 miles. No major repairs needed; no accidents. Truck just kept on performing at top level. Did not want to give up the truck but family pressure resulted in trade in for new vehicke with all the new safety featrures.

Traded truck in for new suv. Got a fair value per Edmunds evaluation. Someone will get a good deal if they buy this Colorado.

All in all I Love my Colorado
By daisy young

Nothing,just test drive it

British Sports Car/Truck
By revbeagle

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Bought this truck brand new in Fall 2008.
It's now July 2014, less than 65k on the truck-have so far replaced heat shield (5k), headlight (10k), lumbar&blower(18k), ignition (40k), fuel pump (50k), fuel line (55k). The 5-cyl engine must be warmed up or it sputters on the next start (why?). Once it is running it is like a British sports car-I love the way it looks, handles, the engine has plenty of power & low-end torque and sounds great.
But it's also like a BSC in that there is always something to fix!
Gas mileage is outpaced by full-size models (my 2WD Z71 Crew Cab gets 16/20.5 on flat Florida roads). Lackluster interior w/ no tech. GM knows how to build better trucks, but didn't try.

Performance (not including mpg), Looks, Safety.

I'd love to see some original thinking go into this truck, but it's like GM set out to be mediocre. (To be clear, I purchased it because of the looks, small size and incentives at time of purchase) Back seat storage is nil (see Frontier). Speakers stink on my loaded model, leather seats are comfortable but already have broken bevel with normal usage at 65k. Why does it require a 30 second (awkward wait) warmup? This non-inflated, good-looking and powerful truck has so much holding it back. I'll be getting rid of it soon.

2008 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab - 130,000 mile review
By dstanzini

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I must say, I've always had Silverado's before but was looking for something a little netter fuel-wise and lower to the ground for my elderly parents to be able to get in and out of.
I am rather impressed with this little truck. I've put 130,000 mile on it and the only issue I had was the water pump went at about 80,000, but it was covered under warranty. The only other annoying little issue is that the rear brake squeak after awhile. There is brake dust that builds up in there. This truck has a snow plow in the winter and I tow a trailer for the band and my classic 55 Chevy so I am not easy on it. Towing up hill is a little rough. Gas mileage is decent about 22 hwy and about 17-18 city

Small compact, good entry /exit, decent gas mileage, pretty comfortable. Very reliable Tows well, handles well, stops well. Nice stereo although I wish it had an 1/8 jack input for an MP3 player. 15" tires are inexpensive to replace

I would put disc brakes on the rear instead of drum brakes. The drum brakes squeak. I would also put and MP3 input jack on the stereo