Skip to main content

Used Cobalt for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Awesome car

Albert, 05/22/2018
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

WE have had a 2009 Chevy Cobalt for 9 years and it has 225000 miles on it. The only Major thing we have had to do is replace the strut assembly. All we did was to change the oil regularly as well as checking the fluid levels. I is a manual transmission that make is much more peppy than the auto trans. It gets 29-34 mpg. It has a little noise that you can hear when moving, but has only recently (within the last 20000 miles). I cold do nothing but give this a 5 on dependability. People not to purchase this car because it had a bad reputation. I am so glad we chose this one. BTW it still has the original clutch, which is awesome.

4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt

jjcarter11, 01/07/2011
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this amazing car and from the very beginning have enjoyed everything from the color to the handling of the car. The acceleration is outstanding! Would highly recommend this car to any car enthusiast who is looking for outstanding value matched with performance.

3.38 out of 5 stars

2009 Chevy Cobalt LT

Thomas, 04/23/2010
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car to replace my 02 VW Passat because it was starting to cost me anywhere from $1000 to $2000 every other month in repairs. The Cobalt reminds me of a cross between Toyota Corolla and a Toyota Yaris without the dorky exterior of a Yaris. It drives fairly well and has zero blind spots.

3.5 out of 5 stars

great affordable family car

shotgun1496, 07/26/2012
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

love the car. there is power when you need it, rides good, got rather loud over the years, my only complaint it the brakes they squeal all the time, the even did it about a week after buying it. the cheap plastic interior sucks, but its a good car

2.75 out of 5 stars

Too many repairs for a brand new car.

hdryder, 05/02/2011
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have a 2009 Cobalt Sedan W- Auto Trans. Purchased brand new. It currently has 38k miles on it. This is the worst GM car I have ever owned out of the gate. Within the warranty frame it's had numerous failures related to cheap parts: Power steering motor recall. Steering column replaced because of a rattle. Ignition replaced because the key could not be turned off. The most recent is a issue yet to be diagnosed for certain but we are experiencing an erratic slapping noise coming from the drive train. I suspect it's a noise that originates inside the transmission. This car has long term durabilty questionability. Be prepared to spend $$$$ after the warranty expires. It's very cheaply built.

12345...9