2017 Cadillac XT5 Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Cadillac XT5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XT5 model:

Me and my Cady on the go
By Y Mezera

2017 Cadillac XT5 Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love my Cadillac, and if I would have to pick something I would change, it would be the storage in the back. I would like more room for luggage and other items.

Transmission issues?
By Lynn

2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I Purchased my 2017 XT5 in October 2016. Currently has 11,800 miles. For the second time I have noticed that my transmission indicator light has come on. Dealer checked it out indicating there were no problems. Upon pulling in my garage today, the transmission light has come on again. I’m starting to notice that the transmission feels like it’s slipping. Calling again to have it checked/fixed. Stop/idle function function is no longer working. And I to have a rattling noise in the backseat that I cannot locate. Sadly I have paid my SUV off already. Under warranty so I anticipate immediate resolution. Check thoroughly before making your purchase, although it is very classy I did not expect to be even considering these types of issues so soon after a purchase.

Plesently surprised by the overall feel of the XT5
By Angel Ortiz, Jr.

2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Check everything that comes with the SUV. Make sure the packages have everything you want.

Wish I'd taken a longer test drive
By S. Smith

2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've owned my 2017 XT5 (Luxury trim) for 5 months now. The annoyances outweigh the pleasures. The auto shut off feature is super annoying. I thought I would get used to it but...NO. For example, when I stop for coffee in the morning at the drive through, my car stops and restarts constantly - when I order, pay, etc. Every time you stop at a light, stop sign, on and on. Passengers constantly question what is wrong with it. I have read on a couple of blogs that this feature stopped working for a couple of customers after time and I pray that this happens with my vehicle. I have started putting the car in Park every time I stop, but this is annoying in and of itself. There is a LOUD bell that sounds every time you hit the park button and I am advised this cannot be disabled as it is a safety feature. Apparently someone who has been driving for over 40 years doesn't know how to tell when they have put their car in park. You can disable the VERY LOUD parking assist system but this has to be done each time you start the car. There is also a rattle in the back passenger seat that we have yet to isolate. In short, I was expecting nothing but pure pleasure driving this "luxury" vehicle but spend most of my time while driving it thinking about how frustrated I am that I can't "fix" these issues.

dream machine
By Peggy

2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this XT5 last year, and it rides and drives like a dream. Thought of trading in for the 2018 XT5, but I love this suv , I just can't not yet . Until someone proves me wrong, AND I RIDE AND DRIVE another SUV and see for myself, it drives as good, . I have to say, this SUV, has no recalls like other SUV and cars, this SUV BEATS ALL OTHERS HANDS DOWN. Almost a year now, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. can others say that?