2017 Cadillac XT5 Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Cadillac XT5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XT5 model:

Plesently surprised by the overall feel of the XT5
By Angel Ortiz, Jr.

2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Check everything that comes with the SUV. Make sure the packages have everything you want.

Wish I'd taken a longer test drive
By S. Smith

2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've owned my 2017 XT5 (Luxury trim) for 5 months now. The annoyances outweigh the pleasures. The auto shut off feature is super annoying. I thought I would get used to it but...NO. For example, when I stop for coffee in the morning at the drive through, my car stops and restarts constantly - when I order, pay, etc. Every time you stop at a light, stop sign, on and on. Passengers constantly question what is wrong with it. I have read on a couple of blogs that this feature stopped working for a couple of customers after time and I pray that this happens with my vehicle. I have started putting the car in Park every time I stop, but this is annoying in and of itself. There is a LOUD bell that sounds every time you hit the park button and I am advised this cannot be disabled as it is a safety feature. Apparently someone who has been driving for over 40 years doesn't know how to tell when they have put their car in park. You can disable the VERY LOUD parking assist system but this has to be done each time you start the car. There is also a rattle in the back passenger seat that we have yet to isolate. In short, I was expecting nothing but pure pleasure driving this "luxury" vehicle but spend most of my time while driving it thinking about how frustrated I am that I can't "fix" these issues.

dream machine
By Peggy

2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this XT5 last year, and it rides and drives like a dream. Thought of trading in for the 2018 XT5, but I love this suv , I just can't not yet . Until someone proves me wrong, AND I RIDE AND DRIVE another SUV and see for myself, it drives as good, . I have to say, this SUV, has no recalls like other SUV and cars, this SUV BEATS ALL OTHERS HANDS DOWN. Almost a year now, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. can others say that?

Excellent but not a fan of auto shutoff
By Rob

2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Everything is excellent and great deal on price but do not like auto shutoff as it is not very smooth

Disappointed
By Joe Pearce

2017 Cadillac XT5 Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased a white 2017 Cadillac XT5 Platinum on 12/31/2016. It has all the bells and whistles you could imagine. My main problem is with the ride - rides like a "real" wagon. Very rough. You'd think paying $65,000 for a car would give me a better ride. Another "feature" I do not like is when I come to a complete stop - the engine stops. I was told that was a feature to save gas and can not be uninstalled. I ask you, when I pay $65,000 for an automobile - do you think I'm concerned with whether I get 20 mpg or 22 mpg? It is annoying that every time I stop - the engine quits. I'll not purchase another vehicle with this feature.