2017 Cadillac XT5 Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Cadillac XT5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XT5 model:

Classic Cadillac Galveston
By Kathryn

2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I lease a 2017 XT5. The dash on the passenger side began to buckle. After taking to dealership, they said they had to order the part. They called 8 days ago and said the part was in. I made an appoint for 9:00 AM Monday morning (5 days ago). Three days later, I called to check on the progress. I was told they had not begun on the car yet. When I asked about my appointment and was told the part was in, why had they not started on the car. I was told the appointment put me in "line" with a technician. I called Thursday and was told they started on the car and it should be ready that day or on Friday. It is now Friday. I just called and was told the "ordered part" was damaged and they would have to reorder one (guess they haven't already don so). It would be Tuesday of next week. REALLY? My loner car had 96 miles worth of gas, and NO ELECTRONICS WORKED. My own car is completely loaded with all the bells and whistles. I told them I was leaving town on Tuesday and I needed my car for the trip. I was put on hold and I finally hung up. DO NOT BUY A CAR FOR CLASSIC CADILLAC, GALVESTON.

Classic Cadillac Galveston
By Kathryn

2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Could've Bought a BMW
By Klwarren100

2017 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Buyer beware. First off, don't get your Cadillac from Arnie Buaer. Initially, the service was great and then I stepped in the car to drive away with the salesperson and it was not what I initially sat it. It had no heated seats and it had miles on it and I initially sat in a new car ( I had heated seats in my Terrain that I traded in). So anyway, get the car home and weeks later, I'm hearing a weird noice and it's the brakes. I shouldn't hear anything on a brand new car let alone a Cadillac that I'm paying and arm and a leg to have. I've had the car in the shop several time regarding the brakes. In car with my daughter, the car wouldn't let me drive it, it was so bad. Turn's out it was a chip that was related to the brakes after me bringing the car in multiple times, the finally get that squared away. So the last brake incident in July , my oil and tire rotation was supposed to be done, so I would not have to see these 🤡 for. Long time as I feel like I'm there all of the time (for a 2018 Cadillac). I get an email that I need an oil change and then my car indicate that on the display. I call the dealership and said I thought you changed my oil and the lady said that the computer said yeah it says right here that you're not due til March. I said well, my sucker says December of this year. So she says come in so we can take the light out. How bout actually doing the oil change. I'm so disgusted as I bought a Terrain t this same dealership. I can't even enjoy the car, as I've had so many issues. Never again!!! I could've spent the money on a BMW and dealt with less nonsense.

XT5 Huge mistake
By James

2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

What a disappointment. 2nd Cadillac. CTS was great until the cue system failed. Gave GM another chance figured maybe in three yrs they would have improved their product. My XT5 drivers seat replaced at 3k. Leather became brittle? Go figure. Bad cow I guess. Front door molding buckled at corners both sides replaced as well. Paint actually started coming off all four wheels. In shop now as all wheels have to be repainted. Horrible ride. My F150 rides better. And who actually thought the auto stop was a good idea? You really should have driven this thing for a month before you marketed it to the rest of us. In a loaner again. So mad at myself for thinking GM could produce a quality product. Now facing rediculous depreciation and couldn’t trade if I wanted to unless I’m ok eating 20k. By the Lexus.

Worst purchase ever made
By Cyndi Miller

2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!! I bought brand new.... the Auto Stop has been in for service 3 times, the motor mount has broken twice.... so in a year and half 5.... yes you heard me 5 service trips!!!! I would have never expected this from a Cadillac!!!!!!! I am now after a1 1/2 years looking to trade this car in!!! the charger is a pain, the wireless part has never worked with my Iphone. I drive a lot and after 6 months the beige soft leather interior had to be cleaned twice because even clean business attire got the seats dirty... I had to get a seat cover so as not to ruin the seats with just daily wear and tear.