Used 2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Great car! A Real Cadillac that beats BMW!
By Will

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 3 years and has been great owning this car. I owned a 2002 Eldorado and this car is vastly improved over the Eldorado. The engine is strong to redline. The transmission is silky smooth and when drive fast shifts smooth and fast with no lag in downshifting. Passing on the highway is effortless and is strong in any situation. The suspension is smooth in touring mode and nice and firm in sport mode but not harsh. Extremely comfortable, any person can find a nice position to drive comfortably. It's luxury, performance and value all in one car. All I have needed to do is replace the rear shocks outside regular maintenance. Not a bad deal. All the electronics and power options work fine after 10 years. All the interior and exterior has held up wonderfully. No rattles, squeaks or noises. Extremely happy with the STS V8 AWD. I recommend to stay away from the v6 and go with either V8 STS. Truly a driver's car that you can put the family in without giving up anything. When you're alone you can drive it like a Corvette and when your with the family you can drive it like a Cadillac with all it comes with, comfort, great ride, and quality with all the luxury you could want. BMWs, Lexus and Mercedes of this age are nowhere near holding up like the Cadillac. Especially in the price to fix all the problems those cars have when they get to this age. Don't forget the price to fix them neither! Cadillac prices for parts are much cheaper to replace than all those cars. I drove a S class Mercedes that was two years newer than my car and it felt like it was going to fall apart, total junk! My Cadillac drives like a two year old car, not a ten year old car. American cars get a bad rap. I'll take a Cadillac over all those cars I mentioned any day. Maybe I got lucky and found a good one, but I don't think so. I think it is a well built and engineered car.

After 8 years no regrests
By sluggomagoo

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I'll be the first to admit that I don't use it often. It's a weekend warrior and in some cases due to the summer tires when it snows I don't drive it. I picked it up used with 7k on it in 2008. 8 years later I got slightly over 60k. Besides oil changes, breaks and tires, I've had to replace the battery due to age. I did have a pot hole issue which bent a rim and a lower control arm, I had both left and right arms replaced. The glove box latch broke because it's cheap. I'm real careful with it now. There's nothing high tech about it. I guess it could use a USB and a WIFI but, It's a car not a internet router. It does have GPS and remote garage opener. The stock sound system is excellent. I'm hoping to get 10 more years out of it if I live that long. I didn't like the GM dealer support where I live. They can't fix anything right. Can't even air up ties correctly.

Great car
By Palak

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My 2007 STS Platinum edition was recently totaled in an accident. It was a great car. I had over 118,000 miles on it and I drive a great deal for work. The only problems I had with it were related to running over some free debris, so I can't blame the car for that. I truly loved this car and will miss it. I can't find one for sale anywhere in the same trim or color. The only fault in this car is I wish it came with a rear view camera for backing up.

Not so Good
By Sammy Sam

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Caddy. I thought I'd get a four door car because my family grew. Well this car I got from the dealer was a eye catcher and test drove it fine. After a couple weeks, I started to have some issues, the dealer couldn't figure it out and the warranty on the car wouldn't kick in since they can't nail what the problem was. Basically the noise sounded like a belt going bad, they changed everything imaginable and still the issue was there. Brakes are horrible, and electronic pieces go to quickly such as the steering wheel controls for the radio. Additionally, to replace your headlights you have to remove the entire bumper off to do so, dealer asks 350.00 in labor only, which is a rip off, although I do it myself, I have to take the day out on a weekend to do it which then the rest of the weekend is gone. My opinion is that they need to make a car that is consumer friendly for repairs such as maintenance for lighting etc. and then the dealers need to know how to fix these issues. So far this is my last Caddy and wouldn't buy another.. Going back to BMW. Way better car.

Well Made Car
By cadfanatic

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This car is a dream. It performs well and looks great. I have had no problems with it. Unless you get a 535i or higher, they do not compare. BMW's are mechanical pieces of junk. You best not keep one after the warranty runs out. This caddy is super, handles extremely well. I also own a 2001 STS. It has 180,000 miles on it, still runs like new. To all the haters, you can put a dead key fob in the center console pocket and the car will work fine. Read the manual. If you want cavernous rear seat room, get the DTS.

V8 Northstar engine is bullet proof, sport, auto manual transmission. All the gadgets. Cooled seats. Remote start.

Interior plastic is cheap looking. Navigation could be easier to use. Need to have an ignition key switch somewhere. Gets now where near the EPA gas mileage estimate.