Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

very poor service
By doris haskin

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

worst car i have ever owned, not worth the money, leather cracked and peeling at 3 yrs old. the interior is poorly constructed with very little space. the service is poor at the dealership. i was informed that my exhaust system needs to be replaced because i must have hit sometime underneath because there is a small scratch on it but no scratch on the rear bumper, how is that possible. poor service and poorly constructed car. car was cheap, with a high price tag

Water Pump broken and replaced at 46K
By K Squared

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

At 46K miles on my 2005 3.6L CTS the water pump slowly leaked water and i caught it before it could overheat the motor. I also changed the cap for the radiator overflow water bottle. Stayin on top of it with oil changes and intricate transmission oil change.

Exterior design and billet grill. the older ladies and gents give you looks!

Oil burner
By dawna

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

after having the car for 2 years, it started burning oil. I have taken it to 3 different dealers and because the warranty was almost up. Nobody cared to help get the warrenty company to pay for any repairs as they all told me there was nothing wrong even though I was going thru almost 5 quarts of oil every 3000 miles. other than that I love the car although the airbag sensor and the passenger seat went out right after the warranty was up.

I love the shape of the car

figure out what is wrong with it burning oil

Want a new one!
By johnnyjp

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Cadillac since 1989 and I love this car. Paid dealer too much for it as a certified used car, need to repaint front bumper, but I love the way it runs and feels. Very, very sporty feel for a sedan.

Engine & transmission very responsive for a V-6. Seats are comfortable. Ride is firm but comfortable. Like the tight steering.

Had problems with stability control, fixed under warranty. Lots of people complain of these problems.

Recurrent Problems
By nobby45

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I really enjoyed my CTS for approximately one year. After that I have had recurrent problems with the check engine light, especially recently, coming on nearly every two months. I have had the timing chain replaced three times in less than a year. Each time, I have had to wait at least a month for the part which causes high rental car fees. I have been extremely disappointed. This is the first and last Cadillac I will ever buy.

Good ride and very comfortable.

Better service as far as getting parts from GM.