Used 2008 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Won't be buying a Buick again...
By Susan

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I paid too much for a car that literally started giving me problems a few months after buying it!! The air bag light is always going on and off, the fobs only worked for a short period of time, my lock system doesnt work in the car, and now I have put so much i to this car in fuel injectors it isnt funny!!!!! Dont get me wrong, its a beautiful car, I love a lot about it... BUT... Reliability is a MUST with me, and I can sadly say, this has been the highest maintenance car I've ever owned!! I highly doubt I'll be buying a Buick again... I'll just go back to my Subaru!!

Beautiful car, bad mistake
By Garlo

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Had trouble from the beginning with slipping on traction control, alternator, and engine brackets. Put too much money into it right at the beginning. With only 2200 of these made, this was an experiment that failed. Never buy a Buick again...

Dependable Buick
By Paul Burton

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car, a Buick LaCrosse CXL, was bought new from the Buick dealer. It has been used extensively for long trips of a thousand miles or more between Los Angeles, Idaho, and Washington. It has presented no serious repair costs. We maintain it well with required oil changes, proper tire pressure, recommended sceduled maintenance. The air dam at the base of the windshield finally succumbed to the intense sun in Los Angeles and was just replaced in 2017. Nothing else except oil, oil filters, air filters, and brakes has been replaced, and the original factory brakes lasted well past 52000 miles. Replacing the brakes stopped some shuddering of the front end during hard breaking. The shuddering did not interfere with the car stopping very well. Overall this has been a great car to own. My wife and I are both 78 and have owned many cars. This Buick is clearly one of the best.

Love this car
By Corrine

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Service the transmission this car will go forever. One person I ran into drove this car to 600 thousand service trans every 75 k

LACROSSE TEAM IN CT
By John Ramsdell

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome awesome awesome vehicle!!! Before this car, we owned a 1997 Buick Riviera. We loved that car to death. But the engine blew, so we decided to buy another used car. We looked at six different kinds of cars and SUVs. Not only did we tend to steer clear of other Buicks, just for a change, it didn't work. The minute my husband got behind the wheel, it was love at first sight/drive!!! Lol so in conclusion, we stayed with Buick because we knew we were getting a great car for the money.