Used 2008 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Dependable Buick
By Paul Burton

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car, a Buick LaCrosse CXL, was bought new from the Buick dealer. It has been used extensively for long trips of a thousand miles or more between Los Angeles, Idaho, and Washington. It has presented no serious repair costs. We maintain it well with required oil changes, proper tire pressure, recommended sceduled maintenance. The air dam at the base of the windshield finally succumbed to the intense sun in Los Angeles and was just replaced in 2017. Nothing else except oil, oil filters, air filters, and brakes has been replaced, and the original factory brakes lasted well past 52000 miles. Replacing the brakes stopped some shuddering of the front end during hard breaking. The shuddering did not interfere with the car stopping very well. Overall this has been a great car to own. My wife and I are both 78 and have owned many cars. This Buick is clearly one of the best.

Love this car
By Corrine

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Service the transmission this car will go forever. One person I ran into drove this car to 600 thousand service trans every 75 k

LACROSSE TEAM IN CT
By John Ramsdell

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome awesome awesome vehicle!!! Before this car, we owned a 1997 Buick Riviera. We loved that car to death. But the engine blew, so we decided to buy another used car. We looked at six different kinds of cars and SUVs. Not only did we tend to steer clear of other Buicks, just for a change, it didn't work. The minute my husband got behind the wheel, it was love at first sight/drive!!! Lol so in conclusion, we stayed with Buick because we knew we were getting a great car for the money.

2008 Buick Super
By stuoliaberomon

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The car is great but has poor reliability. All the engine gaskets had to be replaced due to oil leaks, the oil pump failed which scored the the crankshaft, the key FOB's fail about every year or so (I am on #5
right now) and now the air bag warning light is on. It is in the shop now to find out what the problem is. The day/night dashboard lighting has not working properly for the last few years. The front wheel bearing failed a year ago. The CD changer does not work at times and the radio changes stations without warning at times.
I have 55000 miles on it. I bought it new.

It is quiet, peppy and comfortable. I enjoy driving it when it is working.

GM does not have to improve a thing since I will never buy a GM car again.

Love/Hate this Buick
By dulloldad

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 08 Lacrosse Super in January, 2009.
Currently have about 42 k miles.
Engine, 5.3L V-8, has been apart twice to replace lifters (GM TSB #06-06-05-001E). considerable vibration when AFM in 4 cyl mode (GM TSB #06-06-05-001E) Clear coat peeled from door pillars, glover box door latch broke, power Drivers Seat gear broke!
Memory seats and power recline were not available!
Have had same AFM problems with 5.3L in my 2011 Suburban!!
Have had 11 NEW GM products and 2 new Jeeps plus several used cars/trucks since 1980.
Will not buy another GM product new or used!!

Comfort (except NO memory seats or Power Recline on front seat backs).

From what I have seen new LaCrosse (now largest Buick) has less interior room and smaller trunk. GM needs to get it right the first time and not wait for years before fixing known problems.